Design-A-Troop Competition! (WEEK 4: Name and Traits!)

1 Stealthy
2 Big
3 Rescue (Whenever an ally takes damage, 50% chance that I take the damage instead)

Stealthy may seem counterintuitive with the last trait, but it will prevent the opponent from focusing all damage on Shocktopus first to get around the “damage equalizing” effect

1 Like

Shoctopus
1st - Mech bond
2nd - Merfolk bond
3rd - Impervious

U.L.T.I.M.8 (Undersea Luminescent Thermoelectric Infiltration Mech)

Stealthy
Monster Slayer
Indigestable

I think these fit the original “Shoctopus, Kraken Hunter” proposal best.

6 Likes

and its name is ULTIMATE! “U.L.T.I.M. 8” :astonished:

:wink:

1 Like

Octo-shock Mk.I

Big
Water link
Impervious

2 Likes

@Saltypatra How will the troop be a Merfolk? What determines whether a troop fits into that type? The Hippocampus and Merlion don’t seem to have anything special indicating that they shouldn’t just be monsters.

It’s important to know, because a good name requires some basic understanding of the troop’s fluff.

Shocktopus (It’s just the perfect name!)

• Mech Bond

• Stealthy

• Dextrous (40% chance to evade Skull damage)

A slippery, slimy mech-octopus that is hard to track and actually score a hit against. :slight_smile: That sounds like something I’d love to run!

2 Likes

Silver Squid

Trait 1-Mech bond

Trait 2-Inked (Blind an enemy troop on 4/5 gem match)
Blind: 50% chance enemy troop will hit one of his allies when casting.

Trait 3-Impervious

1 Like

@Saltypatra, could i ask please since the update on Xbox one my gold has been halved from what i used to get throughout the whole game, Challenge’s PvP ect ect is that part of the update? plus my global chatt has gone but i still have guild chatt? my Xbox guild is Phoenix guild my invite code is sophie withers if that’s any help. Thank you best wishes.

GLO (Giant Lighting Octopus)

Trait 1: Shortage- 1.5*damage from enemies with blue mana.
Trait 2: Impervious
Trait 3: Infernal Armor

I am introducing the idea of a negative trait. In real life everyone has traits like the troops in the game, but some of us do not have all good traits and have some crippling traits. On the other hand, the same people have really awesome traits hiding in the dark where no one can see. So the idea is to have a negative trait in the beginning then 2 more traits to help balance the shift in power, but the next must be better and more desirable. :smiley:

1 Like

@SpawnofOozy, please contact our support here https://gemsofwar.zendesk.com/hc/en-us so we can help you further.

1 Like

Shoctopus (i like the original name)

Stealthy - cannot be targeted by spells
Water Link - +1 mana to blue gem matches
Dive -new- 15% chance to submerge myself when an enemy casts a spell

if shoctopus is not available due to copyrights then please use this:

its an awesome name for spargrinders mech :smile:

1 Like

E.L.O - Elite Lightning Octopus

Swift
Water Link
Impervious

1 Like

Hello all, this does not really pertain to this topic, but I thought it would fit in some since dealing with making a new troop.

Is there anyone else out there that would like to see a Divine Knight troop that can either explode a number of gems or a pick a chosen gem to add more of that color, anything to mana feed the team? Traits and other stats can be discussed. But can you imagine this type of card feeding a fully mythical, traits maxed out, all Divine Knights team. I personally think it could be a power house team.

Traits such as immune to mana burn and devour and burn, add 2 armor to all troops on a 4 or 5 match and block 25% of skull damage.

Please feel free to give any feed back rather it is positive or negative. Thanks

Thank you @Saltypatra i’ve hopefully sent a request in? Forums are not something i’m used to so here’s hoping BTW i have checked my 100%Dragon armour hadn’t been removed by accident.

@Saltypatra, All’s good again i just thought to change armour back and fourth and it’s reset very Happy love my Gems :wink:

Trait 1: Water Link
Trait 2: Ink- 25% chance to dodge magic damage
Trait 3: When this troop damages another troop give it shock. Shock: Troop loses 3 random stat points per turn.

Shocktopus

Trait 1: Stealthy
Trait 2: Clobber
Trait 3: Pulse Armor (New): Inflict stun when I take skull damage.

I like to think of this unit as a slippery little mech that is hard to pin down, and if you manage to do so, gives you a nice little shock and a wallop with those tentacles.

4 Likes

Name: El Octopus (El stands for electrical and is Spanish for the)
1st trait: Thick Head
2nd trait: Indigestible
3rd trait: Electric: deals 1 damage to each enemy for every extra turn yellow or green gem match boosted by the number of yellow or green allies depending on what the gem match was. For example, if it was green boosted by green allies and if the match was yellow boost by yellow allies

Oh, I really like the idea of inflicting Stun when taking damage! I’d probably go with that plus Impervious and Monster Slayer or Armored. That would make it a pretty good front-line troop.

Which reminds me: They should really remove Hard-Headed from Kraken.

1 Like