Delves: Strategies, tactics and tips

One thing i still dont understand. When i start my video i tried Lvl500 for the first time, a lots of troop has died during the run and in the end i receive the (no casualty) points… hmmm.

at level 150 and burnt out.

I had the same thing happen in one of my non-pure faction runs… my hero with Sentinel died to a ton of skulls in the boss room, but my Angry Mob summoned an Angry Mob and I got the full 30 points at the end of the run. shrug

I used an angry mob team too but I used Barbarian since I’m leveling that. HKI Angry Mob EOE Divinia. No problems and very fast.

Was it replaced with the same troop?

Completed Emperinazar without potions - back to all complete without potions :slight_smile:

Hoard 100, bonus 25%, first attempt today’s daily delve.

Completed the event this morning, with 3 x T7, Valraven popped today and not yesterday.

2 Nysha/1 Anu, (first room I had 3 MoS by accident) Emperinazar Banner (you might want to consider a banner that gives red - see later).

Kobold Knight
Kobold Magi
Emperinanazara x2

I medalled Gold Knight, Silver Magi and flipped a bronze on Emperinaz, but no need if don’t want, just keeping up with medalling a little.

Room 1, 5 minutes playtime, all intact on exit. Room 2 - went the Tier 2 rooms. - Hidden Nests, nice of those troops to give so much Brown… all intact -12 minutes.

Room 3 - Dark Temple - (spiders) - lost my top troop to Dark Priestess mega skull spam, soon restored, about 12 minutes (webs slow down a fair bit).

Room 4 Smuggler’s Den (pirates) - can be a problem room without skull protection, but pretty easy, 7 minutes all intact.

Boos Room - 5

Took me 45 minutes, but I wasn’t playing all that time, maybe 30-35. Fairly straightforward, avoid skulls at the start. Try and fill both back troops. Cast your Magi and remove the blocks early on (best part of the faction as those are real problems in faction delves). Generally I was holding the Knight and using it to take down the top troop only when not much chance of filling Magi. The stun comes in handy.

You could possibly do this faction faster with a red/yellow or brown/red combo banner, so long as no minus green or brown. You could also run 1 Emperinazara and 2 Magi’s I suppose. I was not threatened at all really. Only a mega Dark Priestess cast wiped one of the troops and my back 2 troops were on 1k health etc.

Anyway, it’s a good delve for people wanting to try factions, patience is key in this one. :slight_smile:

Starting board

Ending board

24 kills in all

First daily

Nice to get done and no need raise hoard and get nearly all chaos shards back. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I used this build with 2x Nysha & 1 Anu
In the event with Tier 5 x5 and hoard level 100 with 50% bonus. I had recorded the run, but the 45 minute file got corrupted and can’t watch it back.

I initially tried 2 attempts with only a 25% faction bonus, and both times didn’t look at the battles through the middle and faced the battle that entangled on skulls. That just made the battles hopelessly long.

The 3rd successful attempt also had that battle through the middle, and legendary Goblins on the bottom, so took the top route.

Seems the best approach for the final battle was take out the lead troop, so the summoned troops with lower attack fill that spot. Then go after the last troop when you can, while trying to increase your health as much as you can. Once you get rid of that last troop, the battle is manageable.

Be ready for a long round.

Nice to se @xolid99 & @TheIdleOne still pulling off the battle outside the event. I don’t even want to bother to attempt that. Nice work.

5 Likes

I still have yet to complete a faction in a weekend event. I have no idea how some of y’all do it in one day on the Thursday events!

I overpurchase the tier 7s which make it easy and fast. Not intended to be professional advice.

4 Likes

some people has more time while some others skip rooms (costly way) but once you’re an endgamer i think you dont have much to purchase and can allocate gems for pure runs

1 Like

Thanks. This is the team build that finally let me finish level 500 pure faction. Last battle took me about 35 minutes. If you don’t lose any troops in the first five minutes, it seems like you’re pretty safe and it’s just a war of attrition.

I’d also recommend prioritizing Brown and Green matches when possible to deprive them to the enemy Emperinazara, and limit her health boosts and summons.

2 Likes

My first completion this weekend, 470 and 450 in the past then down to about 370.

Mostly I’ve been trying to have just 1 team as I’m stubborn. This time I swapped at 300 and glad I did as I ran through in less than 9 mins for each run.

Things like Gray King and Weaver/Mother of Darkness are great, fast, but eventually take too long and hero is susceptible to skull death.

If you can use Irongut, everything speeds up, especially if potions take you close to, or over 100 attack.

Yea, it’s a pain but hey, once you get it done you NEVER have to play with the faction team every again.

I’ve got into a routine with these faction release weekends.

On Friday, I do most of the heavy lifting, takes the majority of the day: unlock, level hoard, use the 3 reg delves for that reward boost, then do the event to lvl 300 (do faction @ 300 for legendary pet at 500).

By the time I’m at 290, there’s already team suggestions for pure faction so I spend a few minutes prepping for the future as well.

On Sat, try to do a few runs toward 500.

On Sun, get to 500 throughout the day. By 10pm EST, set up to do last pure faction run. Knowing this typically takes an hour, I usually hit bed time when completed.

I’m not so young that I need to go out partying on Fridays and I have 2 kids and a house, so weekends are busy. It has worked out pretty well so far. Of the ones released, I only have to catch up on 8 (but those will require higher hoard lvls).

If using potions, Thrall/Marilith/Angry Mob/Bogstrider (P/R/G/Br) is the best thing since sliced bread. Makes me wish we had one of those troops for Yellow and Blue.

3 Likes

Even without potions, a good hoard and a hoard bonus of 50%+ will mean getting rid of most gems with each cast. They’re great troops, which I had completely underestimated until recently.

I don’t know how people do it in one day either (although planning to try it myself on certain impossible factions (Lyrazra and Frostfire)). It all comes down to how many tiers you buy, and whether or not you do all the rooms.

As people mentioned, having certain troops helps speed it up, but the biggest speed boost is ignoring rooms. The worst delves right now are 5-room delves, requiring a minimum of 5 (rooms) * 50 (49 floors + 1 extra pure faction run at 500) = 250 fights. Over a weekend, that amounts to about 84 a day, except that the earlier ones take much less time that the others, so it probably looks like 125, 80, 45. What @canadademon said is pretty much my strategy too, getting as much done on Friday so that the weekend will be more chill. But that’s not for everyone, what with work, family and other obligations.

So if you want to max a new faction, it comes down to a few things:

• If you don’t care about leaderboards, increasing your payout (glory, souls, gold, ingots and chaos shards), or simply don’t have the time, but you have enough gems laying around, you can just skip rooms and buy yourself more sigils in case you weren’t lucky to catch enough ravens (1910 buys your 4 tier 7s and 27 sigils, for a total of 33 sigils over the weekend, requiring you to find 9 ravens). This options means you’ll be doing at most 250 battles over the weekend, assuming you don’t die during any run.
  • If you don’t have enough gems, and are not planning on paying out of pocket, accept that you won’t reach 500. One of our guildmates saved up the aforementioned 1910, then played enough treasure hunt to scrape together another 200 gems because he needed another tier. So that’s a ton of treasure hunts on top of grinding the faction to 500, i.e. not ideal.
  • Figure out what works for you and set a schedule. If the team you’re using is taking forever, see if someone in your guild or the forum can help you with a better/faster team. If you only really have time to play on Sunday, consider if that’s how you want to spend your Sunday. Will it be harder to complete the faction without potions? Yes, but that doesn’t mean you should kill yourself grinding out those floors and write off that weekend which should be relaxing by doing something that stresses you out (assuming here, although you never mentioned you don’t like doing the faction weekend, only that you haven’t completed one yet).
3 Likes

This time, I bought T7x6 and went straight to the boss room each time. No extra rooms. I finished first night, so I could’ve gone T7x4 and completed.

2 Likes

For Fang Moor, I purchased 7 Tier VII potions, fought full clears on 20, 30 and 40 because they were fast. I went straight to boss after that (still 5 fights each level), and finished with enough sigil for 2 attempts at 500 with pure faction, which was perfect as first attempt failed.

Those troops are great for when using potions. Even without potions, Angry Mob or Thrall explode between 37-42 gems depending on my delve hoard and Kingdom level for me. For my level 300+ alt, 12 gems doesn’t quite have the same effect. :slight_smile:

Just realized that it’s not a team made up of those 4 troops… Was trying to figure out how that would do enough damage to be useful for the last 15 minutes.

2 Likes

Last I checked, those two destroyed gems. If they exploded gems, they would be only half as effective to higher level players, but could become more useful to lower level players.

1 Like