Defense Color Bonuses to Relieve the Monotony of Apo/Beast

At first, I looked forward to Guild Wars. It was fun to put teams together for the given colors, and I even mix in the weekly bonus troops for good measure.

However, it is now officially a chore. Only certain combos of troops counter the ridiculousness of devour, so I’m now playing the same teams every time. It is absolutely the opposite of fun. Even then, a bad RNG will devour my counter-of-the-day, sometimes, and then the rest of the team goes down.

Is Devour, by itself, too powerful? I dunno. Maybe. I have counters. Is Famine too powerful? Maybe, but there are counters. The problem is … I’m really tired of playing nothing but those counters in Guild Wars. 5 games/day, boring, boring, boring, boringer, boringest. Super tedious.

1 Like

Problem is that you can’t blame players for setting the best defense possible. Other guild loss is your win. I’m no big fan of the games themselves but I do defend with psion, famine, famine, DK.
Worse: I do rejoice when I see defense victories.

2 Likes

Of course i can, it is easy, you just need practice if you can’t.

Because of the lack of defense options, our guild will lose three players this week that will quit playing GoW entirely after reset. This is a HUGE problem for endgamers.

1 Like

Doh! It never works to roll lawful good. :frowning:

2 Likes

i always take chaotic-neutral or neutral-neutral and then feel like choosing the lawful-good option every time :sweat_smile:

2 Likes