Deeds - Discussion and Critique

hey, do you happen to have the updated numbers for this month by any chance? If I remember correctly, we’ve gotten a few epic deeds, but only 1 Imperial deed this entire month so far.

Im at the point where its like if you want us to buy imperial deeds, fine. At least have the offer show up for us more frequently to buy if you (the devs) care that much.

1 Like

As it is now May 25th, we have received 33 Imperial deeds in (roughly) 9 months.
If this number is incorrect, please state how many Imperial deeds have been available from Daily Adventures.
Per the stated timeline of (about) 1 year to upgrade all kingdoms, we now need 69 more Imperial deeds to drop between now & the end of September. Over twice as many as has dropped so far.
I have a handful of kingdoms ready to finish by colored deeds, but can only finish 2 of them by Imperial deeds.
Whatever algorithm is being used is clearly not working correctly.

3 Likes

Indeed.

My personal anecdotal opinion is that something is awry since the last patch. I can’t prove it, but I haven’t got 1 x 150 kill task since and I had 18 of them before the patch (since they were introduced). Deeds tasks are too rare, and Imperial Deeds, well, as you point out…

Something’s not working right if you ask me. What happened to the special AB’s too?

The “kill 150 enemies of color X” daily task is still there. I even got 2 on consecutive days 2 weeks ago.

I got my first one in about 2 weeks today.

You’re right @TheIdleOne. There’s only been 1 task offered with an imperial deed since April 23rd.

This task was offered on April 28, 2020.

5 Likes

One more month has passed…and one Imperial deed has shown up. Either Imperial deeds need to show up at a significantly higher rate, OR another non-random means of obtaining them needs to be implemented, OR the devs can admit that their claim of only needing about a year to upgrade all kingdoms was woefully short.

6 Likes

Well they might be basing it on the soul forge in very active guilds so you craft them. I have played for close to 6 months now and only have 2 kingdoms 15 and 5 14 bearly missing any dailies so I think it is rediculius and should be addressed!

1 Like

Except that those very active guilds also don’t have any way to farm the 1000 Writs required for each Imperial Deed.

green epic tasks, give some writs

slowly, but getting there…

I had an Imperial Deed offer last week. 375 gems, on offer, plus 80K gold IIRC. Immediately I thought yep, will do that…

So, I looked. Deeds came out in August 19. I’m not sure of the exact date, I believe 28th August 2019. So, it’s 10 months ago give or take a day or two.

I’ve not bought an Imperial Deed, neither have I missed one available on the AB.

I’ve not crafted an Imperial Deed with writs (I think!).

So… what do I have;

(note as I’m doing faction 500 without potions, I have a road map predicated on hoard bonus)

Level 15

Urskaya
Silverglade
Zaejin
Sin of Maraj
Blighted Lands
Mist of Scales
Zhulkari

7 Kingdoms - 21 Imperial Deeds used.

Level 14

Pan’s Vale
Leonis Empire
Drifting Sands
Suncrest
Bright Forest
Khetar
Stormheim

7 Kingdoms, 7 Imperials used

Total 28 Imperial Deeds used

In my inventory I have 8 Imperial Deeds.

I have obtained 36 Imperial Deeds.

We need 102 Imperial Deeds to make all Kingdoms Level 15.

So as it stands, I’m slightly over 1/3rd of the way there in 10 months. Effectively 3.6 Imperial Deeds per month obtained and I need 66. I’m still over 18 months away from the requisite value, by playing every day.

I have enough Writs to craft 2 more, so I can shorten that a little, and over time with guild tasks, may bring that down by say a month. I could actually have crafted 3, but crafted a magic deed recently when 1 short for a faction.

So, why would I buy 1 Imperial Deed?

I’m not going to am I, as the goal is so far away, and the offer is unrealistic.

2 Likes

True, not really something I’d consider “farming” though. Epic tasks also get you one of each colored deeds, turning those writs into imperial deeds for balance just prevents you from ending up even deeper in the hole.

A non-farmable required resource was bullcrap from day 1. At the very least, writs should be farmable somehow.

2 Likes

So are imperials deeds like, 1 per month now? Did the adventure board rates change or are we just incredibly unlucky?

April, May, and June have all been terrible.

If they want to sell us Imperial Deeds, they’re doing a poor job of it.

I think the rate of regular colored deeds seems about right for the devs saying “about a year” to finish all kingdoms. But they forget about imperials. Either intentionally or not. Something needs to be done.

I’m just glad I didn’t craft any colored deeds. That seems like a huge waste now it’s imperials that are the bottleneck.

Won’t happen. Those days have long past.

I doubt the devs look at the situation in the same way. To, them, the selling of Imperial Deeds is going likely exactly the way they want it. They get to set the terms of any deal or offers in the game, and they likely care little about whether the player thinks those terms are fair. If the player doesn’t like those terms, then more power to them. They’ll just have to accept earning Imperial Deeds at the minimum rates. Obtaining Imperial Deeds at any faster rate means agreeing to whatever terms or conditions the devs set.

The situation is literally, that. And no, its not going to get better in 5.0 from the players’ perspectives, or probably ever IMO.

2 Likes

Right and considering there is a demand for Imperial Deeds and no consistent supply of Imperial Deeds for purchase means they’re leaving money on the table. If I want to buy 9 per month and the game only offers me 2, I either get tired of waiting and stop buying it, or I continue to want it and have no opportunity to give them extra money.

Any deal that they aren’t capitalizing on is their loss. Besides, they have nothing to lose when players get capped, but they have money to lose if we cap out without having the opportunity to spend.

3 Likes

I’m quite sure that there will be new cash deals offered to players in 5.0. They may or may not offer Imperial Deeds in them, but I doubt the devs are blind towards players wanting to give them money via various transactions of value.

I’m starting to think the droprate was broken in one of the last few patches. I’m not one to call shenanigans on RNG, but this seriously doesn’t feel intended.

I’m mostly just here to gripe, once again, about how impressively bad deeds are. Every day, I log into the game and am immediately disappointed by the lack of imperial deeds in tasks and daily deals. It can’t be good game design to have your players start every play session annoyed with you.

Please never add anything else like this to the game, and please do something else with kingdom levels 16-20. Deeds aren’t a game mechanic, they’re a waiting room.

8 Likes