Deeds - Discussion and Critique

This is a very reasonable argument that relies on an assumption: that the people calling the financial shots are competent. This is likely true, given how long Gems has been in business. But if someone doesn’t accept that premise they won’t find your argument convincing.

1 Like

Yea, with the price of gems, I imagine those without a huge resource pool with a gotta have it mentality will most likely spend way more to get it.

However, it does assume that those who will recklessly chase said mythic are also savvy enough to think ahead that way if the path to glory was an option.

Perhaps there is a silent huge group of players making 250k a year who drop $300 chasing each mythic. I do question if going with the subscription route if they would get more money though. If 1000 people would go this route, wouldn’t it be better than the 100 that currently spend $300 each?

Obviously without extensive market research it’s hard to get an accurate glimpse at how much they would make or lose in terms of revenue. They do have their own data of course, but I do question many of their shop choices.

Ethical quandaries aside, perhaps they would make more or they might lose a little revenue. Asking almost the price of a triple a game for one of 40 mythics is to the average free player outrageous.

If they lowered the price point on most of their items or allowed better targeting of specific chase items, perhaps sales would be higher and we wouldn’t have to get a new currency every 2 months to sell to us a week later.

Deeds and writs have proven to be almost as bad as we’d expect. While we can earn them, they are gated so much to rng or top performing guilds that short of a deed gnome, most players will be playing catch up for too long.

1 Like

Epic Blue Adventure Board Task

Jan. 1, 2020 | Day 121 since first Deeds in AB:

Without Epic Tasks

Non-Flash Offer Table

Deed Type Current Amt Total Amt Days Needed To Complete
Imperial 19 102 650
Blue 34 146 520
Green 38 146 465
Red 43 176 496
Yellow 28 176 761
Purple 22 176 968
Brown 28 176 761

With Flash Offer Table

Deed Type Current Amt Total Amt Days Needed To Complete Price [USD]
Purple 30 176 710 $17.00
Green 40 146 442 $1.99

With Epic Tasks

Non-Flash Offer Table

Imperial 19 102 650
Blue 37 146 478
Green 41 146 431
Red 46 176 463
Yellow 31 176 687
Purple 25 176 852
Brown 31 176 687

With Flash Offer Table

Purple 33 176 646 $17.00
Green 43 146 411 $1.99

NOTES:
These tables do not include the original freebie deeds given out by mail when deeds were introduced.
Epic Tasks provide 1 deed per color.

Without Epic Tasks

Without Flash Offer

Amt Color Deed Exchange Imperial Deed Exchange
20 0 0

With Flash Offer

1020 10 1

With Epic Tasks

Without Flash Offer

557 5 0

With Flash Offer

1557 15 1

NOTES:
These tables do not include the original freebie writs given out by mail as a gift.
Epic Tasks provide 179 writs.

4 Likes

Epic Red Adventure Board Task

Jan. 4, 2020 | Day 124 since first Deeds in AB:

Without Epic Tasks

Non-Flash Offer Table

Imperial 19 102 666
Blue 34 146 533
Green 38 146 477
Red 47 176 465
Yellow 28 176 780
Purple 22 176 992
Brown 28 176 780

With Flash Offer Table

Purple 30 176 728 $17.00
Green 40 146 453 $1.99

With Epic Tasks

Non-Flash Offer Table

Imperial 19 102 666
Blue 37 146 490
Green 41 146 442
Red 50 176 437
Yellow 31 176 704
Purple 25 176 873
Brown 31 176 704

With Flash Offer Table

Purple 33 176 662 $17.00
Green 43 146 422 $1.99

NOTES:
These tables do not include the original freebie deeds given out by mail when deeds were introduced.
Epic Tasks provide 1 deed per color.

Without Epic Tasks

Without Flash Offer

20 0 0

With Flash Offer

1020 10 1

With Epic Tasks

Without Flash Offer

557 5 0

With Flash Offer

1557 15 1

NOTES:
These tables do not include the original freebie writs given out by mail as a gift.

4 Likes

Ultra Rare Writ Adventure Board Task

Without Epic Tasks

Without Flash Offer

30 0 0

With Flash Offer

Amt Color Deed Exchange Imperial Deed Exchange Price [USD]
1030 10 1 $24.99

With Epic Tasks

Without Flash Offer

746 7 0

With Flash Offer

Amt Color Deed Exchange Imperial Deed Exchange Price [USD]
1746 17 1 $24.99

NOTES:

1 Like

I now have enough Magic and Nature deeds to fully upgrade a purple kingdom and a green kingdom. I am thinking Karakoth and Zhul’Kari, since neither has a faction yet (so when they do get a faction, I am getting bonus hoard as I climb towards 2500 renown), but both provide magic as a stat boost. Does this sound reasonable as a plan? Are there better places to be spending those deeds?

Both are what I placed my deeds in currently.

1 Like

My plan going forward is to upgrade every new delve kingdom to 14 to make the faction only team easier and/or less tier 7’s required. Taking kingdoms to 15 you will quickly run out of imperial deeds. I don’t care about a few stat points, the 50% bonus on all future delves is more important imo.

3 Likes

I understand what you mean about a single stat point vs more stats in Delves, but my supposition is that the five available points of magic are worth seeking out when possible. I certainly wouldn’t spend deeds for armor or life as readily.

1 Like

Is anyone else feeling that they might just not be able to complete them all by August?

Brace for flood of vastly overrated flash offers in June. And then, have the devs say "See, it’s possible ".

1 Like

No deeds in the adventure board. Again.

March 28, 2020 | Day 208 since first Deeds in AB:

Without Epic Tasks or flash offers

Imperial 31 102 684
Blue 45 146 675
Green 59 146 515
Red 63 176 581
Yellow 51 176 718
Purple 40 176 915
Brown 60 176 610

My guild has hit the purple deed a couple of times in the Epic Task, so the number of deeds ought to be lower (and the corresponding time to completion higher). I just couldn’t be bothered to guess how many times we’d done it. Also, I may have missed an epic yellow task in the adventure board, which would bring the total days down to 666.

At this point, the intended design seems to be “finished in more than one but less than two years”. Except for purple deeds, because of course the most desired color is the one that has the lowest appearance rate.

9 Likes

I think you’re a bit off here.

If we are talking about deeds only dropping from the AB, then yes, you are right.

However, Epic Tasks exist now. Theoretically, in a year’s time, a guild can purchase 52 additional deeds of each color. On top of that, players can craft (52 * 167) / 100 = 86.84 deeds of choice from writs (ignoring Imperials).

Of course most guilds can’t obtain all the deeds available each week because of gold costs, but in reality the time frame is a lot closer to one year than two when Epic Tasks are taken into account.

This is the problem though.

At those prices they should be supplemental, not subtracted from the AB tasks.

1 Like

Epic Tasks don’t matter if we’re stuck waiting for Imperial Deeds.

4 Likes

I thought they said somewhere that the drop rate of deeds in AB wouldn’t be changed due to Epic Tasks?

2 Likes

On a long enough timeline, you’re correct. If the scaling per level keeps going to 20, as expected, then the only roadblock over time will be Imperial Deeds to slow progression. That’s likely the reason why that ludicrously expensive Imperial Deed recipe exists. Given enough time, that’s the only deed recipe that’s going to matter as eventually all kingdoms will receive their colored deeds from the AB (we’ll all be extra old and gray by then, though, but technically a true statement).

To the best of my knowledge, that’s what the devs have said.

On the other hand, the devs have also said that things change and what said in the past may not necessarily be true anymore. And, it’s been quite awhile since that statement was said, so… ¯\(ツ)

I’m also very tinfoil-hat dubious about the “randomness” of the AB rolls (especially if the devs can now insert special events rewards in to the daily AB roll; not very random is that?). I wouldn’t be able to conclusively prove this beyond any doubt though, so in tinfoil-hat territory it stays.

My rolling theory for the spurts of Deeds we get is a catch-up mechanism for the Adventure Board RNG where it gets to the end of the month/period, sees that we’re a bit behind, and spits a few out. Probably safer that way, too!

(Having a lower actual drop rate + catch-up compared to having a rate proportional to the desired distribution, which could fluctuate wildly. Actually, I can’t see any reason why the chances for each of the Deeds wouldn’t be implemented to move up and down depending on how many have been available previously.)

Because every “roll” in GoW is supposed to be an independent roll. It doesn’t care what came before it or after it.

This is why I believe in saving writs for imperials even though everyone else thinks this is a bad idea.

2 Likes