Deeds - Discussion and Critique

@Ashasekayi are you still keeping track of when exactly we get deeds in AB?
Clearly the drop rare was nerfed by 4.8 and I have a theory as to why.
But certain Dev apologists will certainly want more data than my own observations over the past 3-4 months.

I’m one of the biggest math apologists here (most complaints are just due to randomness), but it’s starting to reach the point where I’d like to see some statistics on if something’s broken. Unfortunately, since drop rates aren’t public and sample sizes are small, we have no way to run those statistics.

I just hope that some devs, playing on their personal accounts, are getting equally frustrated at the lack of deeds, and will take it upon themselves to check the code.*

I’ve said it before - deeds are the absolute worst thing in the game. Their existence makes the entire playerbase start each day (of gameplay) disappointed. You don’t want to annoy your playerbase en masse daily. There’s also no redeeming quality to deeds; there’s no gameplay, you just get them and your stats go up sometimes.

*(yeah, I know)

5 Likes

Yea, I am. The last deed AB was on April 11th.

1 Like

If you’re tracking it in a chart form do you mind posting the dates between 4.7 and now. Either here or in a DM?

Let me look up the actual date for 4.7 then I’ll isolate that time period.

2 Likes

Today’s Date: April, 23, 2020

December

Month Deed Color Deed Amt Imperial
Dec. 8, 2019 purple 4
Dec. 11, 2019 purple 4
Dec. 12, 2019 purple 6 1
Dec. 16, 2019 brown 4
Dec. 24, 2019 blue 6 1
Dec. 24, 2019 red 6 1
Dec. 27, 2019 brown 4

January

Jan. 1, 2020 blue 4
Jan. 4, 2020 red 4
Jan. 12, 2020 purple 4
Jan. 14, 2020 brown 6 1
Jan. 16, 2020 red 4
Jan. 24, 2020 blue 4
Jan. 26, 2020 blue 6 1
Jan. 29, 2020 yellow 4

February

Feb. 2, 2020 red 6 1
Feb. 3, 2020 yellow 6 1
Feb. 5, 2020 red 4
Feb. 6, 2020 green 4
Feb. 15, 2020 brown 6 1
Feb. 24, 2020 yellow 9 2
Feb. 28, 2020 brown 6 1

March

Mar. 1, 2020 yellow 4
Mar. 2, 2020 brown 6 1
Mar. 2, 2020 red 4
Mar. 4, 2020 green 9 2
Mar. 6, 2020 green 6 1
Mar. 7, 2020 brown 4
Mar. 10, 2020 purple 4
Mar. 16, 2020 brown 4

April

Apr. 1, 2020 red 4
Apr. 5, 2020 green 4
Apr. 11, 2020 purple 4
16 Likes

4.8 was March 10th

The tasks are rolled on the servers, I’m pretty sure they can change the weights of individual tasks without an update, so the change might not coincide with a patch. Though it sure looks like deeds got rarer after with 4.8

I’m guessing somebody decided it would be best to decrease deed tasks in preparations for the “daily deals” update. That way when we say “hey, you nerfed deed tasks to get us to spend gems on deeds!” they can say “nope! didn’t change AB tasks at all with 4.9” :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

So… several years to upgrade all 34 kingdoms to level 15, assuming you play every single day. I bought some deeds from flash offers, now I have enough deeds to upgrade 2 kingdoms, but no imperial deeds to do it with.

Also, how long has it been since a mythic task? Have we even had one this year? Or even a non-deed legendary task for that matter…

March 23 - legendary shards
February 27 - legendary gems
February 15 - mythic keys

Every other mythic/legendary thing this year has been deed-related.

3 Likes

so since December, we’ve gotten either 7 or 8 deed tasks per month, including February.

April 26th and we just got our 4th. All epics.

Ya got a lot of surprising to do in the next 4 days…

2 Likes

Does anybody know the full count of regular and imperial deeds we have received thus far? We need in total 1020 regular deeds and 102 imperial. That is a 10:1 ratio. I’m just wondering what the current received ratio is so I can make an informed decision on how many if any imperial deeds to buy from the daily offer.

Edit: I just did some adding up myself based on the deeds I have and the deeds I’ve spent. FYI I have never spent any real money on deeds nor crafted any and my guild completes all epic tasks.

Red 103
Green 85
Brown 84
Yellow 75
Blue 68
Purple 64
Total 479

We have only received 33 imperial deeds so that means we are WAY further behind than I thought. We should have about 48 by now.

I feel bad for anyone who turned all writs into purple deeds. Short term gain but long term pain.

1 Like

hey, do you happen to have the updated numbers for this month by any chance? If I remember correctly, we’ve gotten a few epic deeds, but only 1 Imperial deed this entire month so far.

Im at the point where its like if you want us to buy imperial deeds, fine. At least have the offer show up for us more frequently to buy if you (the devs) care that much.

1 Like

As it is now May 25th, we have received 33 Imperial deeds in (roughly) 9 months.
If this number is incorrect, please state how many Imperial deeds have been available from Daily Adventures.
Per the stated timeline of (about) 1 year to upgrade all kingdoms, we now need 69 more Imperial deeds to drop between now & the end of September. Over twice as many as has dropped so far.
I have a handful of kingdoms ready to finish by colored deeds, but can only finish 2 of them by Imperial deeds.
Whatever algorithm is being used is clearly not working correctly.

3 Likes

Indeed.

My personal anecdotal opinion is that something is awry since the last patch. I can’t prove it, but I haven’t got 1 x 150 kill task since and I had 18 of them before the patch (since they were introduced). Deeds tasks are too rare, and Imperial Deeds, well, as you point out…

Something’s not working right if you ask me. What happened to the special AB’s too?

The “kill 150 enemies of color X” daily task is still there. I even got 2 on consecutive days 2 weeks ago.

I got my first one in about 2 weeks today.

You’re right @TheIdleOne. There’s only been 1 task offered with an imperial deed since April 23rd.

This task was offered on April 28, 2020.

5 Likes

One more month has passed…and one Imperial deed has shown up. Either Imperial deeds need to show up at a significantly higher rate, OR another non-random means of obtaining them needs to be implemented, OR the devs can admit that their claim of only needing about a year to upgrade all kingdoms was woefully short.

6 Likes

Well they might be basing it on the soul forge in very active guilds so you craft them. I have played for close to 6 months now and only have 2 kingdoms 15 and 5 14 bearly missing any dailies so I think it is rediculius and should be addressed!

1 Like