Deathspire weapon miscalculation

(Please edit this template into the italics below.

_[Please check the known issues list before posting a bug](https://community.gemsofwar.com/t/3-5-known-issues-pc-mobile/41214._

Platform, device version and operating system
e.g. Android, Samsung Galaxy S8, Nougat
Steam, Windows 8.1

Screenshot or image
If you are on a console simply take a photo using another device. A video is preferred. Try uploading to YouTube Privately.

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened
This is simply what you were trying to do and what happened instead. Example:
‘I was trying to start an Arena battle, but Gems of War loaded Broken Spire quest instead!’

The deathspire weapon says that it does x8 damage for every enemy tower and it is only doing +8 per tower.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Was this a once-off bug or has it been a consistent issue? Does it only happen after doinga particular game mode?

Happens every time

Steps to make it happen again
Do you know how to make this happen? Sometimes there are certain steps that can lead to a problem that may not be obvious!
Example: I lose once in the Arena.
I then exit to the world map.
I then tap on Broken Spire on the map and then tap Arena.
Broken Spire’s quest loads instead of the Arena

Enter Invasion and use the weapon

Note: If you are uncomfortable reporting your bug publicly you can privately message @Cyrup or @Kafka with the completed bug template. Do not abuse this offer to message developers if you are otherwise comfortable posting your thread publicly.

Not a bug. Just misleading text. All boosts are described as “x” instead of “+”.
We call this, Australian math. :grin:

I always read it as x8 for the number of towers so…

1 tower x 8 = 8
2 tower x 8 = 16
3 tower x 8 = 24
4 tower x 8 = 32

And so on :kissing_heart:

5 Likes

No, there are many X boosts in the game. This needs to be fixed.

It’s sort of complicated, but is consistent.

When a thing is “boosted by something”, the way that is calculated is you:

1. Count the something.
  2. Multiply something by the ratio.
  3. Add (2) to the damage.

The formula is normal damage + boost. Not normal damage * boost.

So Deathspire is “boosted by towers” and the ratio is 8. That means it works like this:

1. Count the towers (let’s say 4).
  2. Multiply the towers by the boost ratio. 4 * 8 = 32
  3. Add (2) 32 to the normal damage.

Your math is the wrong steps: you want to multiply “total damage” by 32. That’d be… extremely powerful. But you can also see that other weapons are consistent with this. For example, Dawnbringer is “boosted by all yellow troops” with a ratio of 2. It was already overpowered in Arena, but it wasn’t doing 22 * 8 damage. Instead, if you have 4 yellow troops, it does 22 + (4 * 8) = 52 damage. That’s still pretty good, but you can observe in-game it’s not doing the 176 damage your math would suggest. That’d make it even better than Ubastet!

2 Likes