Data Gathering: The Flesh Horror Battlecrasher

Here is the first anecdotal report of a third daily copy appearing:

Now if we could just get a few in our samples, we can have an idea of how severe that third drop cliff is.

I guess it does present a different question “what triggers the chance reset?” Ie., would it just be tracked entirely server side, is it related to when the daily reset splash screen is encountered (most things are), or is a full game restart necessary?

For example, if you logged on Wednesday and didn’t play all day but were in the PvP menu, and you continued playing PvP without exiting thus not triggering the splash screen and not restarting, and then you encountered two Flesh Horrors and got two Devil drops would your copies be contributed to Wednesday or Thursday? Unfortunately, I was on the map screen during the reset period so I’m only able to test if I can encounter The Flesh Horror after having not restarted the game.

If I hit 100 battles without hitting a Flesh Horror I’m going to restart.

Edit: As I’m 8 battles in having already seen 2 flesh horrors I’m going to say the chance reset is likely linked to seeing the splash screen. Will try to remember to confirm tomorrow by “parking” my account in an area that does not force a daily reset splash screen to appear where you can continuously battle.

2 Likes