Dare I say...I like Lycanthropy

No that’s fair - and I accept I’m coming from a very specific standpoint. I wouldn’t criticise anyone who is hating on it, and I know I’m probably in the minority. I do still have things to do, a few Faction pets to farm for example, but I know this is more of an issue depending on where you are in the game. But, no it wasn’t sarcasm, it was a genuine response to a change that I’ve enjoyed. Totally personal and totally without agenda.

Anyone is entitled to their own opinion ofc. And we are in agreement that it does depend on where you are in the game. Anyone who has any delving left to do is getting fucked over, especially during PF runs as this is yet another negative for the player. If you’re done with delves, tbh it affects very little except maybe guild wars but then again, that’s one aspect I couldn’t care less about wereas some people think that’s the most important part of the game so there’s yet another “opinion” piece to write.

Its really challenging to manipulate this new mechanic, but sometimes u get a reward.

That’s cool that RNG was on your side at that time. Most of the time it isn’t tho. Ofc there’s gonna be a few lucky draws. That’s just the nature of the game.

That said, I was really sad you didn’t see the skull cascade you could’ve made happen if you chose to do the 3 purple to make the 4th skull come down and also give extra turn. Check at 0:50 what I mean ;).

1 Like

True :sweat_smile:. I always panic when I use an explosion :joy: sometimes it creates a temporary blindness and / or activates a tic that I have (sometimes I press the dpad like crazy for no reason). At first I hesitated to use lync because I had to deny D.Gate, but luckily I managed to get it without changing my strategy. I am concerned about the delves that has explosion troops. I used charonas to refresh the board and, unintentionally, I ended up throwing lync at the enemy without even think about it.

100% this :sunglasses: . just get myself more nachos and something to drink and go read more… covid-19 entertainment in action… :sunglasses:

Now to be more on topic:
I’m not a fan of it, but neither am I an enemy of it. Its just there…
I might try to use lycanthropy to get Lyrasha’s Lair done (hope for transforming one of my trolls into one of devouring beasts and eating my way up to boss room and beyond… i know, need a lot of luck, but doing it standard way is also pure luck… and huge hoard…)

2 Likes

Loving this. All of this…

Noted. :white_check_mark:

tenor (16)

15 Likes

We know. We just don’t care.

10 Likes

Mm sexism. Troll more.

10 Likes

Yeah man, sorry, but I also can do without sexist trolls.

3 Likes

Yeah, could’ve fooled me

Excellent point, I’ll pass that along to all my Guild mates. :+1:

Y’see, I’m loving this discussion, it is a good conversation, and i even literally Laughed out loud. I wasn’t on the floor rolling…

But Shimrra, well played, WELL played.

…and if you were not trying to be funny, than my most humblest of apologies. I am sorry to take joy at your expense. May you Be better prepared in the future, for the night is Dark, and full of Lycans. I can howl at the moon w/ the Best of them. Ask Nashville, or Red Wing Fans. 20 April 2012. Bridgestone Arena. That place was rocking. I thought they country? Unbelievable.

I have not encountered it in GW yet, but the defender chose his team as well. If it activates before a 2nd Empowered troop casts, then it could be a :+1:. It can heal your troop as well. And if all the “Top Guild Players” drop from 30-0, to 28-2, then it will truly be more about (possibly) Player skill and not just RNG. For the “Top Players”, in my most humblest of opinions, know how to Improvise, Adapt, and Overcome. I may fail and go 0-30. I have 14 Troops with Gold Medals. I love this Game And GW. Lycanthropy is something I am open to learning more about. :grinning:

And :+1: for sharing your opinion.

3 dimensional chess? Chess with a 6 year old who decides to randomly smash the board?

The Randomness can be a detriment, I see your point. Maybe someday, we could have difficult levels return to the game.
:slightly_frowning_face: Easy mode, no RNG involved, no empowered, low risk, low rewards.
:slight_smile: Moderate: chose one or the other to turn off; choice is good. Moderate rewards.
:grinning: Try-hard mode: No holds-barred, come at me bruh, good rewards, real good. The best. If U want the Ultimate, U gotta be willing to fight the Ultimate fights.

:+1: It would take $, and coders, and possibly better talent at the production facility. But if we increase Foot Traffic into our Game and Community. “Hey, I want to see what this Monofilament Guy has to say”…It was Word Salad Man, i may not get your name right 100% of the time. It’s ok if you don’t get mine, I was silent before…I need to speak up now. Many thanks. Cheers. :grinning:

1 Like

That’s just one of the devs’ smurf accounts.

3 Likes

I don’t support lycantrophy because it’ll be harder for new players. They will put more time to grind.

3 Likes

That’s actually Bobby Fisher’s chess variation:

So yeah, nothing new :yawning_face: besides this comparision in a bit ugly: Gems are a lot more random game than Chess to begin with…To be more precise, chess has 0% of randomness in deigns… Only random things you can observe as random are:

• moves and order of moves made by beginners :wink:
2 Likes

Tyvm, I’ve learned quite a bit today.

:slightly_smiling_face: Forum mode 2018 won’t hurt my eyes too bad if I don’t stare directly into the sun or the Fire Giant.
:slightly_smiling_face: I watched “Searching for Bobby Fischer”, so I guess he been found
:grinning: I learned the Secret Identity of another Forum Member
:rage: I learned the Nature of someone I quoted as “getting it right”. I need to get it right.
:rage: Unblocking 400+ Prisoners from my Muted/Blocked lists takes far too long. Is there a Mass Unblock Button? I wish that were a thing, but this my penitence for being too quick to judge other. I shall endeavor to persevere.
:slightly_smiling_face: I was not an Orc, I was a goblin, Sneaky Sneaky was my Title, Snotling my Guild Rank, chunky goblin. I still got Paragon more often that not. If U ever wish to play Armello, I’ll help with the Rot.

Tyvm Forum Members, this has been a most Glorious Day.

2 Likes

I don’t mind Lycanthropy as a late game status effect. What I do object to is: forced Lycanthropy gem drops where it doesn’t make any sense.

1. If you match it, it puts lycanthropy on an enemy which is a negative.
  2. If you let the enemy match it, it puts lycanthropy on one of your troops, which is a negative.

If a new player is fighting a couple goblins with their hero and a baby dragon and all of a sudden a goblin morphs into Wulfgarok, how does that make any sense from a plot standpoint? Further, this mechanic will seem very unfair to a new player, and will turn them off.

This campaign is the first where I am not buying the campaign pass, because of Lycanthropy.

4 Likes

I am thinking the same. I will not support (buy) this campaign pass because of lycantrophy gems.

2 Likes

It’s too late for me to unbuy the pass, but I’ve left negative reviews on both Steam and Google.