Cutthroats and Canines

Originally published at: Cutthroats and Canines – Gems of War

New Raid Boss Troop: Kendrala Bloodjewel

Lil’ Johnny Bronze settled down at one of his favorite taverns ready to tell a few tales…

Did I ever tell ye all o’ Kendrala Bloodjewel? She were a mighty fierce captain, and an ELF to boot!
'Er crew used to say she’d do magic tricks to entertain 'em. But she ‘ad this evil lil’ red parrot, Beakie, who’d yell out and spoil the tricks!
Harrr! She’d make a coin up and vanish, and Beakie’d yell out “It’s in the other 'and!”. Or she’d make a bottle 'o rum appear, and Beakie’d squawk out “It were up 'er shirt!”.
She used to get so mad at Beakie! Only reason she kept 'im 'round were that 'e were a great lookout.
But one say she got so mad at 'im she locked 'im up in ‘er cabin. Harrr! And would ye believe it? ‘Er ship crashed crashed on some rocks.
When she comes too, clinging to one o’ the rocks, she spies Beakie lookin’ at her, and she says “WHAT?”
And beakie squawks out “Okay, I give up! What’d ye do with the ship?”
Harrrr!
Kendrala don’t have a parrot no more…

Kendrala Bloodjewel will be available in the Invasion Shop, and will appear in Glory, Gem, Guild, and VIP chests in 3-4 weeks’ time.

New Epic Troop: Scurvy Seadog

Lil’ Johnny Bronze returned from the bar. Through some clever and mightily dexterous use of his hook he could manage to triple-fist ale AND carry a soft bread roll all at once. He collapsed heavily into his seat, and continued his stories…

Harrr! But Kendrala weren’t the craziest pirate I ever seen!
I once traveled with a group of Wargare - the Scurvy Seadogs they called ‘emselves!
We were huntin’ sunken treasure off the coast o’ Sword’s Edge. But all we found were a silly-lookin’ shield, and a golden lamp.
One o’ those Scurvy Seadogs rubs the lamp, and a genie pops out!
Now the tales tell that Genies be obliged to give 3 wishes, but that’s not so. THIS Genie tells us he can only grant one wish!
While I’m thinkin’ o’ the glorious treasures we could wish for, one o’ the Seadogs pipes up without thinkin’, “I wish the entire ocean were made o’ rum, as far as I can see!” 'e says.
Well it were quite a party we had out there off Sword’s Edge. Only bad thing were that we 'ad to pee in the ship. Made the trip 'ome a little rough! Harrr!

The Scurvy Seadog will be available for 400 Glory in the Rewards tab of the Shop, will be in Event Chests this week, and will appear in Glory, Gem, and Guild chests in 3-4 weeks’ time.

New Weapon: Ocean's Protector

After a considered pause, and a drink or three, with a look on his face like he were trying to rid the uncomfortable memory of a particularly awful smell, Lil’ Johhn Bronze grinned, then continued…

But the shield we found… turns out it were rather special! Harrr!
It looked to me like it were made from a giant clam shell, and then all polished up like mother o’ pearl, carved in this beautiful cupped shape… so I took it to a wizard in Blackhawk to get it rightly appraised.
The Wizard - and I only knows the most powerful Wizards, aye - 'e casts an ancient and arcane spell to determine it’s origins. He runs 'is ‘ands lovingly over it, and presses ‘is face to it, smellin’ it, tastin’ it! Then ‘e looks up wide-eyed, and runs out o’ ‘is lab a-screamin’!
Harrr! Well I chased after 'im, but 'e were nowhere to be found!
Two more wizards I try, and the same thing 'appens!

Finally, I takes it to an Armorer friend 'o mine, and asks ‘im, “What’s up with this shield?” He just laughs!
“Come on, spit it out, man!” I says.
“Well,” ‘e replies. “Ye’ve ‘eard of Undine, eh, Lil’ Johnny?”
"O’ course," I says. “God of the Seas.”
“Well this be Undine’s Protector. 'E wears it into battle.”
“Wears it?” I asks
“Aye,” laughs me Armorer friend, “to protect his SOFT BITS!”
Harrr! Me friends, I’d found the Jockey Cup o’ the Gods!
HarHarrr!

I sold it on to a merchant not long after fer a case o’ grog. Told 'im it were called “Ocean’s Protector”… an ancient divine artifact!

It was at this point Lil’ Johnny finally fell off his chair in laughter.

This week it will be available in both the Invasion shop, and in the Soulforge.

Join the Forum!

13 Likes

Yess dogo mercy.

Wait a minute, i think there is a mistake, i don’t see any divine?

9 Likes

Well, the weapon submerges. Somebody probably confused dive with divine.

4 Likes

Amazing tales of Lil’ Johnny Bronze!
I’m afraid to ask Kendrala if she would know Tyri’s mom? She could think it’s very racist to assume that all elves know each other… Better equipe the Ocean’s Protector first, just need to wash it really well, to avoid the risk of crabs. :rofl:

Scurvy Seadog is a nice troop for both Rogues and Wargare builds.
Great art too for both cards.

1 Like

All of the instances of Invasion (like the new weapon) should be Raid…

Speaking of which, this is the worst Raid 2nd secondary skill possible barring nothing. Its only looking up from here.

New epic and hero weapon both seem okay. I think I’m most interested to see what extra ingot skills that weapon gets of everything this week.

1 Like

A+ for flavor. Kenrala’s cute without having to be anatomically questionable. Not the most exciting mechanics-wise, but I like how all three new things were linked to the same story!

1 Like

What would make sense is if Mercy was toned down to be as powerful as her clones here … at least this one isn’t Blue/Green. Then again, the blue one is the same color combo as Valkyrie… almost prefer another Blue/Green here since that just clashes.

Seriously though, come on.

• 20ish life to the weakest ally
  • Cleanse all allies
  • Poison all enemies one enemy
  • Gain 100 50 20 gold

Which is more powerful here? Probably, hmmm, cleanse followed by the life, right? Mercy gets one and the others get those things? Oh she gets both the good ones? Well then.

OR as people would prefer, buff the Mercy clones to NOT just be pale imitations. Give this one an attack boost or something and give Taipan a little bit of a true damage nuke, I don’t know.

4 Likes

Didn’t you know? It’s her divine right.

4 Likes

Don’t worry. Friday is coming… :joy:

2 Likes

“Wet dog”, because he works on the sea and generates blue, could give a certain bonus to rogues and another bonus for Wargares favoring different builds and stuff.

New stuff. Looks cool. Not much use. Pretty typical filler update.

Nice bringing back an old weapon

What old weapon?

2 Likes

Just a note on the Scurvy Seadog, unfortunately the large version of the art will not display in console versions of the game. This should not affect PC and Mobile, although you may need to restart the game to get it to show up.

This issue has also been added to the Known Issues thread.

4 Likes

Decent amount of Legendary ingots from Tier 3-5. I dig.

Ocean Protector having Submerge all allies and Gain Submerge as a weapon trait seems silly.

2 Likes

Scurvy Seadog is not much use??

1 Like

/boggle especially as there is not one AOE minion damage dealer…

1 Like

As I wrote that I missed / misread the Empowered bit… yes an Empowered transformer could always be useful… though I’m not rushing to make new builds to accommodate him…

The “nice” thing about this is we know it’s an ability that can be powerful. It means future troops might suddenly make it optimal.