Cursed Gnomes sometimes drop 0 Cursed Runes when killed during a GAP

Actually I would prefer even 1 rune over a vk. I would happily trade 500 vk for 500 runes.

Not good enough a trade. What most players donā€™t realize yet, while it might take 330 runes to upgrade your forge to level 20, it takes several thousand runes to craft the things unlocked by upgrading. 500 runes is a drop in an ocean, Iā€™d rather take 500 vault rewards instead.

330 to upgrade the forge (or 6k gems) 100 for the mythic, 10 for the pet, 300 for the weapons = 740 or 410 with gems. Everything else is not necessary and optional. You would have to be crazy to craft anything else like forge scrolls etc. Personally I just want 410.

1 Like

Thatā€™s just how you start out. Eventually you realize that you actually want to craft the pet 31 times to get it to mythic. And that you actually want to craft forge scrolls to upgrade all those weapons you just crafted. And that you actually want to convert some of those excess medals piling up to higher rarity. If 410 works out for you itā€™s pretty impressive, Iā€™m pretty sure Iā€™ll need more. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Hell no is my advice to everybody on crafting forge scrolls. Even if they cost no curse runes they still cost 100 writs which is 5500 writs per weapon which is 5 and a half imperial deeds per weapon.

As discussed elsewhere a 5:1 ratio is a terrible terrible deal and should never be done by anyone ever.

This might actually be where I use my excess runes after eventually getting 410. I donā€™t really care about getting cosmetic pets mythic but after getting the troop and weapons there literally is nothing better to spend your runes on imo.

6 Likes

Agreed 100% with @Fleg. And after crafting the mythic, 6 cursebreaker weapons and 31 copies of the new pet, Iā€™ll probably just use any excess runes to craft more VKs as I have more treasure maps, celestial traitstones and souls than Iā€™ll ever use.

2 Likes

The alternative is to buy them from the Tower of Doom shop, which is 500 gems for 3 scrolls. Thatā€™s slightly above 9000 gems, or 18 imperial deeds for those lucky enough to get them offered.

Iā€™m really torn on this one. Itā€™s way overpriced. I hate gambling on success rates. Decisions, decisions. Good thing Iā€™m still at least a year away from medals starting to pile up.

1 Like

Gems are plentiful these days for endgamers. Imperial deeds are not. I always grab them for 500 gems when they rarely show up. My point is, I do think imperial deeds are worth 500 gems so yes, if I decided I really want to upgrade all my doom weapons I would rather do it from ToD tiers. Kingdom Power is far more important to me than having all doom weapons upgraded.

5 Likes

I wish. But they donā€™t always drop Cursed Runes.
20211216_152418

Did Explore level 6 and the Cursed Gnome dropped a Vault Key - this was a normal explore fight, not during a Gnome-a-Palooza

1 Like

Gnomes during vault weekend has the chance to drop a vault key instead their normal reward, so a vault key is normal.
What is not normal that the cursed gnome should be a special one like the mana surge gnomes and shouldnā€™t drop vault keys.
But all this is just theory crafting since the cursed gnomes are so scarce those 13-15 stone wouldnā€™t make a difference.

On what is worth crafting, I would rather craft forge scrolls than a pet 31 times or a mediocre mythic. But again it is just theory crafting cause with the current rate it will take years just to upgrade the forge.

1 Like

Cursed Gnomes should have guaranteed runes. Too rare, too rare.