Cursed gnomes gone?

I havent seen one since December! I play about 4 hours a day, never miss a daily and always tier 1 pvp! Am i missing something here? I really want to upgrade my forge!

3 Likes

They are rare at least as rare as mana surge gnomes seems even more so. Outside of vault events you are unlikely to see them might see a couple a week if lucky. In vault events they are a little more liekly but mostly do not expect to see many at all outside of doing GAP. every few GAP you do should see one or 2 of them unless actively hunting specifically for them.

Ive done 3 gap, and 1400 battles outside of those and not 1. Where exactly should they appear

I saw three Cursed Gnomes this weekend, one in PvP and two in the same GaP battle yesterday.

On the other hand, Iā€™ve seen a boatload of Music Gnomes this weekend. Even a couple of times where theyā€™d show up in back-to-back battles, or 2-3 times during the same Arena run.

Thereā€™s clearly a bias towards other gnomes appearing in lieu of a Cursed Gnome. But that probably shouldnā€™t be surprising given this gameā€™s history; weā€™ve seen a lot of resources be very rare for several months or even years after their release and become significantly more common later on. For example, weā€™re seeing significantly more in the way of Deeds tasks on the Adventure Board in recent months, even if they arenā€™t quite common enough to satisfy those people who want to push their Kingdom Power Levels to 18 or 20.

So they only appear in pvp naturally

I guess i am just insanely unlucky. 2 vault events with 3 gap each and many many normal activities and not a one, with 1 vaylt event and 3 gap since dec and none

I have had up to 3 CG in a single GAP and a couple with 2 CG each. I just had a CG now in explore and have seen a good half dozen outside of gaps this weekend. It is luck with RNG and playing a lot. Several hours a day gives better chances but could still see few or none if RNGesus frowns on you. Even if you use the GAP in a way to specifically hunt only for CG there is still a decent chance you will not see a single one during 2-3 GAP runs.

They did state that they were rare before and even when they had increased chances the encounter rate was still very low.

I think it may also be that RNG is a numbers game. 3 GAP per vault event is very low I am typically doing a dozen per vault. I also highly suggest investing the gems in the verse offers that appear both the daily offer and the 3 daily arena offers. The keys you get during the GAP runs typically will get you the gems back when using them. A full set of verses costs between 180-200 gems depending if bought with the arena deal or regular daily offer and one epic vault key Cedric drop is 300 gems.

I play an avg of 4 hours a day and see no where near that number of verses. I never use arena though so willlook. Thank you.

Yeah I might also mention I also play at least 6 hours on a slow day often more like 8-10 hours. Like I said it is a numbers game the more volume you have the more you will encounter. Between daily offers arena and just sheer play time that is how I get that many verses plus a little luck.

1 Like

What arena though? I looked and noticed nothing worth doing in prizes

The first 3 arena matches you do do a day where you win 5-6 battles in you unlock a reduced gem daily offer. Just like the daily offers you get in the tab each day but they have a reduced gem cost and you only can unlock 3 additional offers per day resetting at daily reset. For the verse offer that normally costs 50 gems for a verse the arena version you unlock is 45 gems. Each time you unlock it there is a counter at the bottom showing how many daily offers remain to be unlocked 2/3 1/3 and 0/3 it will say as you progress through them.

1 Like

I am pretty certain that cursed gnome appear in all game modes that a gnome can appear. I rarely do PvP and have quite a bit of cursed runs, so I am getting these through explore battles.

That being said, I agree that their appearance is rare. Never did any data gathering on this, but maybe when a gnome appears, the other gnomes have higher chance of showing up?

Iā€™ve gotten one Cursed Gnome outside of GaP after the introductory buff wore off.

Itā€™s just another game system that effectively doesnā€™t exist for more casual players because the carrot on a stick is dangled so far away from them, it might as well be located on the opposite end of the galaxy.

Had them a few times. Including while doing daily adventure board, and pvp.
Of course Iā€™d love to see them more often, just like anyone, but they (the devs) have said they are intended as long term goal, and not something you just zerg through in a weekā€™nā€™done.

1 Like

@BigBear an example of an arena offer for completing my first arena of the day.

Thereā€™s a growing number of ā€˜long termā€™ goals in this game though. How are newer or more casual players / guilds (realistically) expected to catch up and experience more recent content, like ever?

Books, deeds, Nysha medals, cursed runes, underworld, decade long guild wars climb.

:person_shrugging:

Feels like the game has given up on trying to attract new players.

2 Likes

They havenā€™t given up on attracting them it just takes awhile to get to the point where you will realize that some things will either take a ton of gems to do and/or take a long time to accomplish if ever and assume you might spend some money before you get to that point. An example is the Gobmotherā€™s Wand has been unlocked already for people paying for the ā€œEliteā€ Campaign Pass which lets them get more campaign stars per week. It is however not obtainable by them right now.

1 Like

Cursed gnomes are too rare, but they do exist. I had one last week and so did my friend.