Current Game State = Name Change to Skulls of War

Claiming that a few traits need to be nerfed but also not knowing what trueshot is …

Try and keep it polite, if you can please… Okay some of the above responses aren’t very flattering… But don’t take the bait…

We’re also now woefully off-topic… Shame, this was a pertinent one I’d hoped would get enough voices to ensure the devs pick up the message…

Back to the topic: @Gouki I disagree that Sheggra /Bone Dragon are the only problem… Actually I suspect Sheggra is largely fine (it’s been a likely one troop kill, sometimes two, since the game first came out) though to current Attack stat imbalance doesn’t help… But TrueShot plus Skeleton is a real problem - and Skeleton charges so fast - one cast is high chance of a skull match and the extra turn guarantees it, plus leaving a second turn skull match also very likely - with TrueShot that can mean two dead troops for you and a position almost impossible to fight back from… Bone Dragon meanwhile is rather broken now Armour stats are so high, needs a scaling change and mana cost increase methinks…

2 Likes

Yeah you are propably right. Me feeling Sheggra being the real problem in true shot teams is propably due to the fact that i currently use a transformer team with a stoneskin lead. So i can take a couple of hits from the true shot on its own or from a Skeleton activation, but Sheggra activation still absolutely destroys my lead 100% of the time.

Anyways as i already said that since the community seems to allways have been fine with the powerlevel of these troops i won’t shout for a nerf and accept that it is just my personal opinion while looking forward to getting my hands on one of them in the future :imp:.

My humble suggestion is to simply make normal, rare troops have 1 trait, ultra rare and epic ones have 2, only legend troops have 3 traits. That can basically solve most of the problems. Normal troop ascended to mythic with cheap full traits is way more powerful than legend troop ascended to mythic with expensive full traits. Scout and gladen are too poweful because they have two most OP traits: dodge and true shot. Making them back to normal by eliminating 2 traits but still keeping their mystic stat still keeps them viable.

The easy way to implement a “skull-less” game mode would be to have all troops perma-Entangled. That way you don’t mess with mana-gem density, and spells that can destroy skulls for damage would still matter. 1-2 points of damage would still make it through on 4/5-skull matches which seems fine.

Call it the Briar Patch. Public domain reference! :slight_smile:

@jainus I’d disagree that skeleton trueshot is as much a problem as you think. It’s good and probably top tier but it’s not really overpowered. valkyrie green slime is a stronger combo and the dev’s almost force you to use by limiting soul gains. Sheggra is just as good when combined with trueshot valk and sheggra’s heart. Without a shell to power them I find they’re less consistent.

I like the ideas here - perhaps a minigame where damage from skull-matching is reduced significantly (or completely) in the Magical kingdom of Karakoth or Darkstone. This could fit with the Lore.

Devs have already indicated 1.09 will change some aspects of True Shot & Agile, so this might resolve/lessen some of the issues raised.

+1 for the brair patch! I would love some kind of game mode like this!

We should think of a way to deal with game-stall if players are reduced to troops that have non-damaging spells (eg Lamia against troops with no neighbors).

BTW the Briar Patch is obviously in Forest of Thorns. :slight_smile:

Oh that’s easy! Every turn the team takes damage, they ARE in a brair patch after all!

3 Likes

Great idea! Brings an interesting dimension where healing is also valuable!

The game needed a change. It was all about colour casting previously and this was changed for the better - people just had to adapt.
For example, Sheggra could wipe a team from one spell (adding all skull damage to inflict on the enemy team) instead of stopping at killing the first in line - it was a change in the right direction.
Venoxia/WebSpinner combos, how many times were people locked up from spell spamming until your team was wiped out? I don’t want to see that ever again lol…
For sure it’s annoying to have a true-shot team (especially of low rarity) wipe out your best troops, but atleast they have scouting now and you can avoid those teams you are either unsure of or too afraid to compete with. But I still believe that increasing physical attack (skull damage) and leaving magic where it stood was ‘in the right direction’. We adapt as we have in every other change; besides magic was just a TAD OP :slight_smile:

The Game needs definitively a Change! 70-80% of the Troops are actually complete useless. The Skill System was a great Idea. But how ever. Magic have to be more important again. The Game feels actually really boring. Always similar PvP Teams. But i can understand that. Everyone wants pretty fast Rounds. Skull Teams are very effective. I am using Skull Teams permanent too. I have no Choice. The most other Combinations are to slow or uneffictive. And the biggest Disadvantage at the Moment… No more room for Experiments to create your unique great Team. When the Game came out, this was the funniest part all over… And now this is past. The developers have to change this things. To make the Game more unique like the past times… Or the Game will going down. My personally Opinion.

Greets!

1 Like

I don’t think, that the game needs a big change.
May be the whole team bonus system makes some teams simply to strong, BUT you are not forced to play this teams. I have no goblin team, i have no skeleton,kos team and i have a lot of fun with that game.
Biggest problem is imho, that to many player simply jump onto these OP teams and then start complaining about all the other useless cards. That is a problem of the community, where full time players creating a meta for a casual game.

The devs are doing a great job:

• they try to deliver regulary updates with new content
  • make careful changes on existing cards.
1 Like

I’m in full agreement with you there @Shrpy, I am constantly creating new teams, mixing kingdoms and troops that may work well with each other and have never felt the need to attack with the same teams found on mass. I believe that a lot of these people that think the 70-80% of cards are useless truly have no imagination or even willingness to try out different groups on their own. They have their team wiped out by another and think it’s best to choose exactly that formation to go along with :smile:
I really do enjoy long, drawn out games. Sure, I can usually finish off the opposition 50% quicker than I usually do, but where’s the fun in that? Let those that want a quick kill go for the easy win teams, those are the teams I enjoy attacking the most :stuck_out_tongue:
I am one that still uses his hero in all attacks, (no not Sheggra’s heart lol) and am excited to see what the Dev’s do to bring back into this game the ‘hero’

1 Like

Part of the problem is that the people on the board see usually in guilds that focus on completing tasks and trophies, which is why so many talk about fast teams that win. When you’ve got to hit your trophy and gold contributions, you want to be able to go quickly!

Perhaps there needs to be another way besides gold to complete tasks to help promote diversity in troop usage.

hahaha, oh wow. I like skulls btw.