Crash at start: 2 or 4 GB RAM is not enough

I’ve had a 00% CPU nad 29% memory usage when starting the game and it still failed to load…

8gb ram and im getting same crash

Edit : After i unplug TV from my computer and there is no crush
Edit 2 : closed game now again not opening same issue
BTW My computer is
8gb RAM - I7 3.2 ghz- 1TB HDD 2Gb Nvidia Windows 10 64 bit

2 Likes

1 Like

This helped me,after choosing Fastest,and waiting around 3 minutes,the game started,funny thing is,i have 60 fps ingame,and during playing,so something is horrible wrong with the loading(playing 4x speed)However the game still eats an insane amount of ram.I really hope you can fix this.

1 Like

The option for graphic quality doesn’t help with that number.
I also tried using the same setup as my guild mate recommends to me because his game running with ONLY 600-700MB with that setup, but it does not work for me. still above 2,5GB

Maybe try it in Windowed? It might be the fullscreen that’s causing the issue? Also I’d submit the report mentioned in the error message to support in a ticket.

Hm,its not working again,i dunno whats happening.

A bit of progress, I tried the alt and altering grahics, the loading bar actually got to the end for the first time before it crashed and my cat received it’s 28th kick of the day

1 Like

I’m having the same issue. I’ve rebooted my PC to get a fresh memory and set the game’s graphical quality to Fastest with a low windowed resolution; and all it does is load a little bit longer until it crashes again.
Also, I’ve tried increasing my virtual memory, but it doesn’t seem to do anything. As if the game isn’t capable of utilizing virtual memory at all.

The Alt thing didn’t helped me either :confused:

Can we atleast put the issue to 3.0.5 Issues?Its the most game breaking one,because you cant even play,and the issue is not even acknowledged,and a lot of people suffer,most of them not using the forums.

1 Like

Thanks. But it doesn’t help.
I have tried on another laptop. The game works… as long as I don’t try to get in the Parameters and to lauch anything else. But even with a resolution of 640 x 480, it takes this:

That is insane!

2 Likes

Just a track maybe for this problem…

The game need approximativly ~500 mb in RAM and ~1300 mb in Graph RAM

think you encounter this problem because you certainly on notebook or a small computer without a video card like ATI or Nvidia with is own memory

I think if you check you’ve got a video card (certainly intel) but with shared memory…

Just to check use this toll GPU-Z:

I made some test with @Aelthwyn and here some result:

first we see that on his 4Gb of memory only 3.33Gb is for windows and 0.67Gb is for the video card intel HD3000…

before she launch the game video card use 72mb of this shared memory

after she launch the game:

so the game need ~1.38Gb of memory graphic… only 0.67Gb allowed…

perhaps if you try to extend this video memory in BIOS or UEFI to 2Gb … but if you have a total of 4Gb RAM, then windows will have only 2Gb for him… (it’s not the same as pagination files)

sadly @Aelthwyn can’t do the test… if someone with the same problem and now how to set his BIOS or UEFI …?

1 Like

I have an Nvidia card,i was able to run the game twice,but cant run it anymore,its random,this game is an extremely low spec game,they made some big mistake with the optimalization somewhere,the game has next to no graphics compared to almost any other game like Gta 4,Lol,Path of Exile.When ingame,the game is flawless for me,i think the error is that the server dont want to let us enter the game for some reason,and sometimes,it lets you through.The super ram eating is a clear optimalization problem.

I have the same issue. It could be because of the Unity ‘System Requirements’. If Gems of War knew that players could end up not playing the game anymore then it’s really weird not to be transparent about this new change. Or did they announced it? I’m curious, but now word from Gems of War. Not even a “we are sorry but the change to this new Unity really doesn’t unite all the players because of system requirements. So yeah, we will do this and you won’t be able to play anymore” or “Guy’s it’s a bug we are fixing it”.

Not a fan of todays new mythic troop Ram Eater, hopefully a fix or rollback is best i can hope for, fingers crossed.

2 Likes

I can run the game with no problem, but I assume thats only cos I have 16 GB of RAM. I checked in Task Manager and the game is eating 2,6 GB of memory for me. For such a simple game (and considering it takes only 700 MB hard drive space) thats simply unacceptable.

You can expect bugs during new updates sure, but such a massive memory issue (leak?) definitely shoulve been spotted during testing.

Bro, do you even QA?

3 Likes

This isn’t a matter of QA. This has been tested and none of the testers experienced this memory issue. We all had around 500MB usage (and still have that). Also a number of people have said that they are also only running at half a gig, so there is something linking all the people with 2.5GB usage that’s not directly tied to the game. The challenge now is to find what that issue is and then hopefully the devs can patch in a fix for it.

1 Like

Well Im not having any problems running the game, runs buttery smooth for me. So something about my system must be weird because running it on an older upgraded laptop.

i5-2450M 2.5Ghz
8 GB DDR3 (Dual Channel)
Intel HD3000 integrated
Windows 7 x64

Although it is eating 3GB of ram total

1 Like