Crafting System - Wishes, Expectations & Hopes

You can select disenchant all and then back out to see how many souls you would have gotten. I’m at about 900k with 250k on hand.

A game where your strategy varies depending on what crafting components you’re aiming for (like collecting a certain colour of gems for that colour troop) would be awesome.

Particularly if you’d need to look at the starting board and decide which component was worth going for, e.g. I need yellow crafting component for my Queen Aurora, but there’s a lot of red gems on the board… maybe I should work towards that instead…

1 Like

Most of all, I expect the crafting system to be about an alternate means to obtain troops currently available with key pulls and not some other exclusive pool. Anything less would be extremely disingenuous to the initial pre-announcement made during the guild wars wrap up. It needs to make collections completable again, normalize the cost of new troops, and stabilize the gem economy somewhat. Inflation on gems (the decrease in value of what any given number of gems will “buy” you) has gotten out of control and continues to worsen for both individual players as they collect more troops as well as with game age as more troops are introduced.

I hope that when I want to craft something, the “new game mode” doesn’t dominate my gameplay time while I’m doing so. Ideally, it won’t be overly disruptive to my routine and I can continue playing the core game while making other decisions that steer me toward completing a craft (which kingdoms to explore, which troops to hunt down, whether or not to use soul generators etc).

I hope that whatever the new game mode is uses your progress and collections. Many people (including myself) would not be too keen on a “Treasure Hunt 2.0”, but would grudgingly play it anyway if it was the only reliable way to unlock certain troops.

I hope all troops are craftable, including Guild Wars troops, finally moving Guild Wars into the “actually optional” column.

I expect there to be a time lock/premium component (force waits, gems) and/or an RNG component (please god no) to crafting in addition to the effort component (farmable stuff like traitstones or souls or monster parts, basically anything you’d have to go and collect yourself).

I hope effort components to be the main deciding factor on your ability to accrue crafting components, but I expect the opposite to be true.

I expect there to be a purchase component to accelerate crafting, but not a required one. I’m fine with this, so long as the in-game costs without the accelerator are resonable.

I hope to see a preview of the system within the next month. I expect to see one before 2018. I wish the next update was actually about crafting, but I suppose the Unity port, fixes, and QoL issues were higher priority. I hope it doesn’t break too much stuff…

6 Likes

No news about the crafting system? I just recently got three mythics and there’s no way I’m gonna be able to trait them without selling my soul

2 Likes

I just want to know…
Do we need to stop disenchanting and save our extra cards for crafting?

Nope sirrian said you won’t need troop for crafting

2 Likes

Any ETA for this crafting update?? I’m getting a little bored.

3 month bro, well at least on console maybe pc will get it before

Hmmmm, gonna be a long wait then…

Yup better find a side game when you are tired of gow. I know i will be playing when
RDR2 when it will be out but it’s in a while :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Rickygervais is right, settle in.
Historically its 2-4 months between updates. We just had the 3.05 very recently. You can guess from there when 3.1 will release.

1 Like

Also alpheon said 3 month in the worst case

2 Likes

i would suggest to save all sort of keys, if you want to save something for the crafting system, who knows maybe new crafting currency will be added to them?

1 Like

I think you should add this to the list, from what i understand, we will be able to craft certain mythic at a specific time

Probably 1 different mythic per week

1 Like

Nice catch, I hadn’t noticed that. Even when he says he has nothing to share, he’s sharing something.

3 Likes

Btw i hope it will change every week and not every month cause if you only missing 1 troop it could take a year just to be able to craft the card you need

2 Likes

I could see it being something around mana colour or something too. Even with 1 a week, there are so many Mythics now it would still take a while to cycle through them all.

2 Likes

Also worth noting that he said “how we select which Mythics are available” ie Mythic s, plural. So probably more than 1 at any one time. Yes it could be a typo, or it could change, or I could just be reading way to much into this, but still felt it should be pointed out for now :wink:

3 Likes

thanks, added the quote you found to my “what we know” list :slight_smile:

Not sure if it’s related to Crafting but as Crafting should come with the next update and:

The “new troops” are named “Troop_dungeon”…

Assumption: the new game-mode that Sirrian told us about the new currency could be dungeons: a set of fights + a boss battle.

3 Likes