Craft pets, now!

We should be able to craft pets by now ! Because the pet system, well, sucks ! My 2 angry cents.

1 Like

I agree but that means a new recipe with new ingredients that are so rare they may as well not exist. The current “design process” is to fool the player that they have engineered a means to provide resources that were previously unattainable. But the hoodwink is soon revealed: the “means” is as unattainable as the original resource. Smokescreens and mirrors.

7 Likes

Actually there is a pet, that can be crafted in the Soulforge, Angry Anvil. So it should be possible to add other pets as well.

Why not do the same with pets as with troops and weapons? With the kingdom rotation on the Soulforge it should be possible to craft a few pets each time, too.

But what would be a good “standard” recipe for crafting pets?

And which pets, when and why?

I think this is less necessary with the introduction of the Orb of Minions. Plus the introduction of numerous new (ordinary) pests for each kingdom through the Legends Reborn mechanic; it may take a while for your particular kingdom of need to get their pests, but it’s definitely in the pipeline.

Just like weapons and troops. Related to the current kingdom.

It would help to get the 1st copy. Orbs don’t help with that.

Speaking of orbs of minions, I think instead of an orb of chaos, every single pet milestone reward orb should be a guaranteed orb of minions. Just my opinion…

Yes, it’s a good idea to craft pets in the Soulforge. But we’ll need another tab for pets - “Others” is too overloaded for now.

It can be at least some pets for a week, not all of them. Like Mythics and Legendaries in the “Troops” tab.

1 Like

Craft pets, now! Again!

Or at least add Orbs of Minions and Glory Orbs to the Soulforge!

@Kafka @Jeto @Bramble @OminousGMan

1 Like

If you have the resources to complete the Underspire every week – and it’s not really a sizable investment for the regular “endgame” players – you can get a steady stream of those Minion Orbs and Glory Orbs. Maybe not in the “I want everything maxx’ed yesterday!” sense, but you’ll make steady progress in those areas.

The issue needs to shift to accessibility for that first copy of any pest not in the rescue pool. Although even that will be less important as we go through Legends Reborn cycles for enough kingdoms to proliferate large(r) numbers of ordinary pests into the rescue pool.

Unfortunately I don’t have enough resources (gems) to go beyond boss 2 in Underspire. Despite being in a top ranked guild for a while now, I still have to catch up a lot. Not long ago, more than 25 of my kingdoms have been pet blocked at the same time. In other kingdoms I don’t even found my first mythic yet. And we’re not talking about weapons. Unfortunately I literally and figuratively never have time to play vault weekends. Last time was the first time ever due to several happy circumstances. And I started playing in 2017. Furthermore I’m not the only one, there’s people being in a far worse situation than me when it comes to pets (and everything else). :pleading_face:

If you don’t have the simple resources (Gems) to push through the Underspire, what makes you believe that you’ll have whatever less-common resources would likely be necessary to forge Orbs of Glory and Orbs of Minions? Because you know that any Soulforge recipe for those would include things like volumes of Cursed Runes and the like and I suspect that most players don’t have those in any quantity, even if they play an awful lot.

The developers have provided a new supply of those resources. I understand that you (and many others) may not be in a position to avail yourself of that supply, but at some point that has to be a “you” issue as opposed to the developers flooding the game to the point where the resource becomes virtually worthless for over-supply.

There are mechanisms to get missing pests; I suspect most (if not all) kingdoms have enough ordinary pests to fulfill the kingdom power requirements as they now exist and even fewer gaps remain if you add in the ability to get 31 copies of one pest for a kingdom by fully completing its’ delve.

At some point, the onus is on the player to do what is necessary.

1 Like

Oh, I’ve completed all delves but Hellgate at PF500, I also have all Dragon Bosses except a 2nd Diamantina, but I’m working on that.

And I have a lot of all resources except gems (pets and mythics) to upgrade my kingdoms far more than they’re now because of those instances where I’m stuck on something.

My kingdom levels are at 16 at least, some at 17 or 18. My power levels vary between 9 and 26 or 27 because of pets and mythics.

I’m at 1270 troops upgraded to the highest level, 400+ of them medaled.

No other resources except :books: and imperial deeds that I currently would need. And those mean nothing when my kingdoms are stuck where they are …

I demand pets for everyone! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: