Countering the NYX meta teams

@Barney_Stinson this is a solid one.
Very low risk and good scores! It’s a great team for quiet days. Thanks. :blush:

1 Like

Emperor Liang for the Enchant on 4+ match?

I don’t get why using 2 of them otherwise.

Divineresse instead of the 2nd Emperor?

I think the idea is that they enchant each other, other than the first two troops. This would give a constant flow of mana. That’s how I saw it

1 Like

I tried these SilverMaiden / YaoGuai teams a lot recently… and yes they work quite well, but are slow and can lose horribly if cascades go against you and DB starts to cast…

My best team against these TrollNyxMab builds, much faster and unbeaten in very very many attempts, is:

Hellcat
Alchemist
GoblinRocket
VoiceOfOrpheus
Dragon or Lantern banner

This team can loop indefinitely with practice, and cleanse on yellow means freeze isn’t a threat. Only cast VoO as a finisher or if the loop stalls…

1 Like

I just use “my normal PvP team” which I’ve posted several times, it’s not the cheapest but it shreds.

• Gorgotha
  • Glitterfang
  • The Dragon Soul
  • The Worldbreaker
  • Abyssal Banner

Here’s how my vs. Nyxbringer fights break down:

• 10-20% the board is in Nyxbringer’s favor. This is when they get 4-8 cascades turn 1, I only get to make blue 3-matches, etc. No team in the current game is going to win these matches.
  • 10-20% I get TDS or Gorgotha online within 4-5 turns, but the initial Nyxbringer loop is a little too strong and knocks out one of my guys. Can’t win 'em all.
  • 30-40% I get The Dragon Soul online in 4 turns or Gorgotha within 5. Nyxbringer gets one round of looping in, but once I start doling out 30-50 damage per troop per turn they simply can’t keep up. Once I kill Forest Troll or Nyx it’s over.
  • 30-40% of the time I get a faster start and Nyxbringer doesn’t stand a chance.
  • 1% of the time a Gnome replaces Mab and lol.

The reason I like this PvP team is it does what it does pretty fast. Every match is either won or lost in a fairly short amount of time, so I don’t really care which way it goes. Nyxbringer isn’t particularly slow compared to some other trollish defense teams that take a long time to whittle down.

Another good option is “basically any team that starts with Khorvash”. Nyxbringer needs mana for Forest Troll and Nyx. They’re always in slots 1 and 2. That’s the wrong neighborhood when you’re stepping to EK. He stuns, that takes care of the troll’s pesky skull resistance. Almost any Khorvash team generates Blue and also involves Mab. What’s funny about Nyxbringer is it can dish out freeze, but it really can’t take it. I think this team probably wins more consistently than my Dragons team, but it takes longer and I can’t be assed to switch teams for it.

My good deed for the year. Created 2 months ago.

1 Like

It’s so well put that I’m going to buy this one.
“won or lost in a short time” is also a practical way for PvP climbing.

“I hate nyx” :smile:
She could even beat Mab in being the most hated

1 Like

and you can take every color if its needed for life or to fill someone up.

sure, i testet other teams they are posted here, but is the best way for me.