Cool screenshot topic

Red which represents fire = equal hot.
Yeah my hotnes could be represented with red! xD

*Disclaimer- I’m just joking of course, I don’t really think I am sexy. If someone got an idea that I am pretentious.

1 Like

5 Likes

that is cool.

too late he isn’t called evil olaf.

1 Like

I was finally able to capture the “Critical Hit” in the Treasure Hunt. Screenshots are before and after.

15 Likes

Nice work! So red chests are a repaint of skulls… figures, it’s the seventh gem type…

3 Likes

8 Likes

I’ve done it! I’ve won Gems of War with my current number of maps :smirk: :sunglasses:

7 Likes

And with every other number.

3 Likes

I know someone here enjoys numbers. How about a morning of 7’s?

11 Likes

i demand you donate exxactly 70k gold more :angry:

5 Likes

Up to 880k donated now, no more 7’s :frowning:

1 Like

Here’s an oddity…

Screen 1: note my Bombot has 62 + 46 = 108 hit points:

Then we explode it… Kaboom!

Not sure what’s going on with the number display (two minus signs floating in there?) but it definitely says it did itself 107 damage to self-destruct… Eh? Edit: looking really closely, it has -107 and -1 super-imposed on each other… very odd…

2 Likes

It says both -107 and -1 on top of each other. Note that the same happens to the top enemy with -17 and -1. Possibly a bug where exploded skulls hit your Bombot as well as the enemy?

1 Like

Yes that could explain it… not the worst bug ever, mind…

1 Like

fair score :smiley: :slight_smile:

1 Like

1 Like

Bombot deals one damage to itself then (remaining armor+HP) damage to itself, so that it can get around Barrier. If it did not do this, the damage would just hit barrier and it wouldn’t die

5 Likes

It would be Interesting if you could actually barrier and protect self destruct troops like bombot and dwarven slayer.

1 Like

Aha, thanks… so first I misread this: on the above numbers, that looked like 1 damage then 107 damage, which if it had a barrier, would leave it on 1 Life…

But with the following test:

…it correctly deals 1 damage then the 127 damage needed to destroy it…

4 Likes

Yeah, it deals 1, then remaining HP after the 1 damage. I should have spoken more clearly. I personally think it’s a rather interesting way to do things, definitely easier to code, and a thing that not many people would notice or really care about.

This actually has an implication about Death Mark that I rather like. Actors in the game can’t influence DM’s proc chance, and while this may seem like a no-brainer, this is usable as proof against anyone that thinks that DM is “rigged” or something.

If it were possible to manipulate Death Mark in-game, which would be required for it to be “rigged” in any way, then the devs would have just made it place a death mark that instantly triggers on itself. But that would require a lot of messy code and be overall not worth the time spent on it.

So, instead, the Bombot is coded to deal one damage to itself, run a check to see how much armor it has, run a check to see how much health it has, add the two values, then deal that much damage to it.

Sorry for the textwall, but I always liked Bombot and the little peek under the hood it gave us.

1 Like