[Contact Support] Chat appears to be connected but it isn't (android)

Platform, device version and operating system:
Android

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
Chat appear to be connected, but it isn’t. I have to disconnect and connect to work again.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Always since the update.

Hello :slight_smile:

As this issue needs further investigation, for privacy and security purposes please Contact Support via Ticket.

In this ticket please also make sure to include the following:

• Invite Code
  • Platform
  • Explanation of the issue
  • Any self troubleshooting steps you have taken

I’ve been having a similar issue on Steam Deck (not on Android, not on PC, just on Steam Deck itself).

After it goes to sleep (if I don’t click on anything for too long) when the game is turned on, the chat disconnects - fair, there’s nothing that can connect to the chat servers, when the device is sleeping. But then when I wake it up again, it doesn’t re-connect to chat. It shows as connected, but nothing I type gets sent, and new chat messages written by other people don’t appear. I have to disconnect and connect to start seeing them again. It’s been happening since I started using Steam Deck to play GoW, so it’s not a post-7.2 thing. Not that it’s easy to chat on Steam Deck, when I pull up the on-screen keyboard, the chat line where you can see typing is obscured, so not fun to type without seeing the effect… But I’d at least like to read what my guildmates are writing without having to disconnect and re-connect constantly.