Originally published at: CONSOLE: New Mythic – Gard’s Avatar – Gems of War
He shall smite the unworthy…

The Patron Deity of Whitehelm is known as Gard, Lord of Righteousness, and Master of Justice.
In times of trouble, he will send his servants, such as Mercy, to help the people of Krystara.
When things are REALLY grim though, he will manifest himself upon the world as a mighty flaming Avatar.

Gard’s Avatar will be the only Mythic Troop available from Glory, Gem, Guild & VIP chests for the next 7 days.

Please note this announcement only applies to PS4 and Xbox versions of the game.

Join the Forum!

5 Likes

Has anyone got him yet?
For me he seems not to be in the drop pool! I am hoarding keys for months just to get him to drop and have all Traitstones to max him out.

1000 Glory chests,
570 Gem chests and
1 VIP chest later,
still nothing interesting except 2 Queen Mab :slight_smile:

Nimhain got him on her PS4 account… so confirmed there!

4 Likes

Got him here, second batch of 50 VIP keys. Definitely in there.

1 Like

And you are complaining about not getting it from that much? I didn’t get it still from at least 20 times those number of chests.

3 Likes

Sounds like an even better Rowanne. WANT WANT WANT

2 Likes

A much stronger Paladin, I must get Gard at all costs! Time to buy some gems.

115 vip and 100 gem and no gards, and now I’m all out of resources. I guess I should have saved gem keys from the guild. Having said that I only have abynissia so I always open them hoping I’ll get one of the others.

And I only have Plague and Death as the official mythic troops.

1 Like

Just so people know, before my 100 VIP keys, I opened 2000+ glory, and 400 gem keys.

1 Like

I don’t think I’ll be chasing Gard on console if it requires TWO pulls 2x50 from VIP chests. I only have enough VIP keys for one pull and that’s 1.5 months of saving. :frowning:

@Nimhain pulled 4 to 5 copies of Gard in Global chat on the XB1. Wouldn’t that be 15,000+ Glory & Gem keys? I’m not sure even @Tacet on the PC side can still replenish at that rate of expenditure, and this was on console.

The drop rates for ALL cards appear to be decreasing as more cards are added to the pool. I already noticed, back in August, that it was getting surprisingly difficult to obtain new Commons and Rares. When you need to spend 900 Gold keys in order to maybe pull two new Commons/Rares, you’re going to feel frustrated. :fearful:

Gard is arguably the best mythic in the game, at least for invading.

5 Likes

They don’t appear to be, they ARE. Because, statistics.

1 Like

One of my guild members got him from a glory chest. Lucky bar steward.

2 Likes

I don’t expect to get one base Mythic. My brother just tried and to no avail as usual. But like other cards, its like winning the jackpot when you get one of those highly prized cards!

I’ll chime in and say that Gard is worth going all out to obtain, he’s the best invade Mythic in the game as far as I’m concerned. The Mercy/Alchemist/Hellcat/Gard build remains my most-used team for PvP.

2 Likes

spended everything i had and no luck here
I am happy the gems are way too expensive so i don’t even think to buy it. Im not going to spend 100$ for 50 vip chest and take the risk to win nothing

3 Likes

That’s frustrating dude. Because he really is a great troop.

I know but i prefer get food on my table then a card :slight_smile: , still 6 days left maybe i will be lucky with guild rewards we never know

4 Likes