CONSOLE: An Update on the Update!

It’s always been like that. Consoles get a mix of two versions

1 Like

I had not noticed before. So we won’t have the complete 2.1 in the next update, right? That’s why it is 2.0.1. Now I get it. :joy:

3 Likes

Per Sirrian, in his original post consoles will be getting 2.1 Guilds update in October. HOWERVER considering 2.01 was scheduled for early September and we are getting it at the end of this month you probably can factor “a bit” TM more time until 2.1 arrives.

I got so excited after seeing this post and then finding out that there was a console update today, but then Microsoft crushed all of my excitement. And I was so excited about the (seemingly) high likelihood of the update being available today and now since that was stripped away I can’t even enjoy playing Gems right now. Thank you so much Microsoft. :{

This update is taking 'm waiting ever since the announcement and did not use any key because I want the new cards but this delay discourages despite knowing the game of team effort and love the work.

Can we get an update on the update of the update?

2 Likes

Sure

:soon::tm:

1 Like

10 characters

1 Like

I too am interested on the exact date of when this will occur and a full change log. I want to be able to do a few videos for the console update too. :slight_smile:

Likely starting with explore and going on from there.

3 Likes

@Sirrian Will we be also getting refunded troops this update??
Last time refunds were handled I think they lasted less then 24hours on console.

Yeah it was gone after one day but couple days later it was back but no announcement was made about it so lot of people missed it.

Would be nice to see a timer saying how much time left for refund

1 Like

Hey… Tacet that would be very nice! I enjoy your videos & Guides, they are very welcome :wink:

1 Like

HI Everyone,

The update will not be this week. We could have almost made it but there was a problem and it was rejected by both Microsoft and Sony. We’re currently resubmitting for approval.

So you all know, and to help explain the kind of detailed issues that can hold stuff up on consoles… Here’s what happened…

As you may know, we have chat on mobile/PC. We had introduced that for consoles too, and it functioned in a similar manner to the mobile/pc version. HOWEVER, it breaks a privacy rule on console. Chat can show when I’ve just unlocked a legendary or mythic troop. This leads to a couple of problems:
a) it can show you a legendary drop for a player you’ve blocked on PS4/Xbox live service
b) it is effectively communicating your online status to other players
Both of these issues were flagged by MS/Sony as privacy issues, and require us to do another submission.

So, we’ll be disabling chat in 2.0.1, while we sort through both of those problems, which is a reasonably complex task, since the chat system does not currently talk to the part of the live service which handles privacy/blocking.

12 Likes

Is this update even going to be deployed in September? Or we looking at early October now?

How do you feel about removing the notifications for those troop unlocks altogether?

6 Likes
  1. Thanks for keeping us updated! (although I’m a bit disappointed with the delay)
  2. Thanks for making a minor mistake, Rise of Iron just released yesterday and this gives me more time to get through that :grinning:
  3. Can we assume late next week or so for the updated console release date? (if all goes well)
1 Like

I don’t understand b, if you in the chat we
Will know you are online anyway

No because you don’t have to talk in chat. If I’m online and don’t want to talk, finding troops would give that away. I sorta understand it, but at the same time it’s a small problem. I really don’t think seeing someone find a legendary is that big of a deal anyway. I get the gist of why it’s there, but it’s somewhat useless.

2 Likes

Dear Steve, I hate that these issues in their policy delayed the update and now,we cannot have chat from the start. Also, I hope this update fixes some bugs I’ve noticed while playing some recently. I really hope this update comes out soon because apparently they have approved everything else besides the way chat was set up and programed. I hope ya’ll can redo the chat for console approval. I understand that will be some kind of update or patch later on and hope it’s soon. :sunglasses: , Staying Cool.

Well, I wouldn’t mind keeping chat out of the game. Console users can use their party chats anyway if they wanted to. Or, am I mistaken?

2 Likes