Console 3.0 Known Issues

Hey @einsteinle, That is indeed a bug and has been added to the list above. The boost ratio is incorrectly showing the “Up To” ratio instead of the “+1 for every 4 Armor Destroyed”. This is only a display issue, and should show 4:1.

@Ghaleon, That issue should now be fixed.

Prior to 3.0, the enemy troop preview would show event stones on the appropriate troops (naga this week), but now they are gone. They still show in-battle though. Is this intentional?

Hey @platinumpwnzor, from what I can see, event stones should still be showing up for all Naga troops in only Explore and PvP on the pre-battle screen. If this is not happening, could you send get a screenshot or video of this happening?

Has already been reported… but global chat on PS4/consoles is now REALLY broken, is switching channels every few minutes, :frowning:

1 Like

They came back after a restart. :ok_hand:

For the record, it was for Explore on Mist of Scales.

After an investigation, we (are pretty sure that we) have tracked down the issue with chat constantly changing channels. This should start taking effect once the daily reset has occurred or by restarting the game.

Also, @platinumpwnzor, thanks for the update!

1 Like

Thanks for the speedy investigation/resolution :smile: Much appreciated.

I’m still getting frozen when I match gems occasionally. Just had this twice in the same game. I matched three yellows and instantly became frozen. My team was gorgotha, 2x moloch and mercy. Opposition was kraken, Valkyrie, justice and mab (Zzzzzzzz)
This has happened quite a lot recently and not just to me.

1 Like

@GoldPhoenix0 I’m getting less gold from pvp fights since 3.0 has been deployed and have informed one of your colleagues, but it can’t harm to let you know as well.

Matched 3 yellows against mab and got frozen.
I’m pretty sure that gold is meant to be that low. It’s a right pisser ain’t it?

I’m fairly comfortable in saying that gold is currently not meant to be as low as it is since 3.0 was deployed. I messaged a console developer and received confirmation that it’s “certainly not intended and it could be the side effect of expanding the pvp pool.”

Take from that what you will but I’m fairly confident in saying that something is out of place regarding gold gain from pvp, etc.

I watched a tacet video and his was in 800-900 range too so thought it was
deliberate

Matched three yellows against mab with krystenax and got frozen again!

Its definitely paying less gold. I just had a match that said it would pay out 2300 gold. I ran the in game gold counter up to 100/100 and ended with 4800 when I normally would have ended around 5500. This update has definitely knocked gold intake down.

Just in case all the postings above get missed;)

I can also confirm that the Gold payout formula has been changed to reduce rewards. Based on both my single “pre 3.0 battle” that was still in queue (So that rules out the “pool size”), and all new PvP battles post 3.0 based on Team power.

I know this is an existing issue that the devs are still hunting down but I wanted to give a friendly reminder. It’s been happening more and more to me lately and I don’t even play all that much PvP, so I can only imagine how much it happens to the hardcore players.

This particular video is from before the patch but I just took another video today that hasn’t finished uploading yet with the same exact issue. It keeps ruining my win streak and I’m very worried about the consequences this bug will have in Guild Wars. It’s going to lead to a lot of frustration. Hopefully the devs can spend some more time tracking the cause of this issue now that 3.0 is out:

I’ll update this post with the new video once it finishes uploading.

I seem to be getting way more gold from tribute. I haven’t noticed a change in PvP gold rewards though, but I haven’t looked too closely at that.

It would be nice if they finally track that bug down. Considering it occurs on all platforms and versions. Might occur 1 in 500-1000 battles for me, but I haven’t reply paid that much attention to its frequency. I’m sure a few players will get it in Guild Wars next week.

It happens much more frequently to me than that. Probably 1 in 80 or so in the last few weeks. Before that it was much rarer but still happened once in a blue moon.

I got frozen again matching my own gems and lost the game because of this. I am really sorry for banging on about this but it’s very frustrating.

1 Like