Originally published at: http://gemsofwar.com/console-2-2-patch-notes/
Welcome to Console 2.2…
There are 3 types of Events that can be run. They may be available all at once, or at different times:
Troop Bonus Events:
- Troop Skills get increased by 25%
- These events can be based on either Troop Type (like Knight or Dragon), or Troop Kingdom (like Khetar or Adana), or both!
- The Skill Bonuses will apply to all game modes including the Arena
- When multiple Troop Bonus Events are run at the same time, the bonuses will stack.
Bonus Resource Events:
- Using a combination of either Troops, Troop Types, Troop Color, or Troop Kingdoms, construct a team that rewards bonus resources at the end of a victorious battle.
- These events will sometimes apply to specific game modes and difficulties.
- Complete specific objectives such as: Killing enemies, killing troops of specific types or kingdoms, summoning troops, or playing treasure maps, to earn points.
- Based on your point total, collect rewards for the event as you progress. Each event may contain up to 6 rewards.
- These packs give rewards for reaching certain levels in the game.
- They may only be purchased once.
- They will give appropriate rewards instantly, if purchased by a player who has already achieved some/all of the levels.
- There are 2 types of Growth Packs: Growth Pack I & Growth Pack II
Growth Pack I:
- Costs $30 and contains $150 value of rewards
- Gives rewards at levels 10, 20, 30, 40, 50
- At level 50 gives a bonus random Legendary troop
Growth Pack II:
- Costs $50 and contains $250 value of rewards
- Gives rewards at levels 50, 75, 100, 125, 150
- At level 150 gives a bonus random Mythic troop
Path to Glory
- Path to Glory Packs are 30-day subscription packs, that can be purchased once per month
- Players may purchase both subscriptions at the same time if they want
- There are 2 types of subscription packs: Path to Glory I + Path to Glory II
- These packs may be repurchased once they expire.
- You will not miss out if you do not collect them on consecutive days (i.e. if you have collected the Day 5 Reward, and you miss 2 days’ play, then when you log in, the pack will continue from the Day 6 Reward, running all the way up to Day 30).
Path to Glory I:
- Costs $15 and contains $75 value of rewards
- Each day gives random consumables (Gems, Gold, Souls, etc)
- On day 30, gives a random Legendary Troop
Path to Glory II:
- Costs $50 and contains $250 value of rewards
- Each day gives traitstones
- On day 30, gives a random Mythic Troop
- $5 Bundle that gives 1 VIP key and a few miscellaneous consumables.
- VIP keys can be used even if the player isn’t VIP 5.
- Can be purchased 3 times per account.
Starter, Intermediate and Advanced Packs
- New limited time purchases to help players through different stages of their quest
- 2 bundles are available for each Starter, Intermediate and Advanced Packs
- Each pair of bundles only last a single week
- Each packs contain useful troops, armor, or weapons, as well as other miscellaneous consumables
Other Shop Updates
- PlayStation Shop improvements
- Shop should now be more responsive
- Shop tabs have been reorganised to improve Shop layout
- This includes Gold and Soul purchases now sharing a tab
- Gem purchases of Gold and Souls now give significantly more rewards
- New all-in-one location to see any special offers and packs
- Keep track of all your Path to Glory and Growth Pack purchases and progress
- Smaller game install size (we have reduced the overall game install down by a third)
- Higher quality images
- Performance improvements
- 10 new Achievements/Trophies to collect
- Broken down into 4 categories from features added over the past 4 events
- Hero Class Update
- The Hero’s Journey: Equip any Hero Class
- Professor Campbell Would Be Proud…: Reach 250 wins with a hero class
- PvP Update
- Champion of PvP: Reach PvP Tier 1 in a single week
- Obtainer of Rare Antiquities: Explore any Kingdom
- Counselor: Train any troop to level 20
- Guild Update
- The Emperor: Capture 20 kingdoms
- Team Synergy: Complete all guild tasks in a single week*
- Event Update
- I’m Not Scared Of The Boogeyman: Complete all progress events in a single week
- Hordemaster: Unlock 100 different troops
- Game Breaker: Unlock the Troop “Mongo”
- Chat will now reconnect automatically if disconnected from the chat server
- Chat now saves the last used global room
- Chat can now be closed during loading
- Difficulty levels are now locked until a certain level is reached
- Icons have been updated
- Opposing team list spell images are flipped to match the rest of the game
- Treasure Hunt now displays number of turns taken and runes gained
- Ascending troops now allows ascending multiple rarities at once
- All training battles no longer require a scouting cost
- Mail items can now display more than 5 rewards
- PvP Defense Team Gem Preference tab now scales the slider icon to show the effect
- Console players should now have all the troop balancing changes from the PC/Mobile 2.2 update and the Bearded Lady event
- For more information, see the changes at the following links
- Transform spells for opponents in non-PvP battles now no longer breaks the game
- Scatter damage now calculates correctly when causing true damage
- All boost ratios should now display the correct values
- Soothsayers spell no longer hangs the game when there are no gems to target
- Grand Inquisitor’s spell now works when a hero troop is in the same team
- Traits which affect a troop’s life should no longer be activated once that troop is dead
- Traits which give mana to itself/allies at the same time now applies the highest mana value
- Devoured troops can no longer use their death traits twice
- Devoured troops no longer cause the death trait to cast on a troop immune to devour
- Troops can no longer gain life once they have reached 0 life
- Gloomleaf’s third trait now no longer crashes the game on critical hits
- Traits which adjust a random skill now clearly display that a skill with 0 points was targeted
- Guild stat bonuses now apply to the hero troop
- Guild Member pop-up menu no longer appears off screen for members lower on the list
- Guild Statue resource bonuses are now displayed in the bonus section on the world map
- Guild Statue Treasure Map turn bonus is now updated immediately without requiring a restart
- Team Player will now be awarded when entering the Guild Menu
- Guild League tab should no longer lag when opening it the first time
- Difficulty now changes the opponents stats correctly
- Difficulty should no longer reset before starting an Arena match
- Changing guilds now updates the tabs of In-Game chat
- Guild Statue bonus percentages are now being displayed on the world map
- Boost ratio tip on troops will now display correct values for some troops
- Chat can no longer be accessed from the engagement menu, causing the game to crash on rare occasions
- Unlock list now displays the correct images and text for VIP and Subscriptions
- Chest menu no longer displays extra troop cards in the Event Chests tab
- Character Avatars no longer appear outside their card during battle
- Task notification popup should no longer get stuck on the screen
- Certain tasks now display progress when they previously displayed nothing
- Opponent troop card spell images are now flipped to match the other items on the troop card
- VIP and Subscriptions now show correctly in the Unlock List Menu
- Kingdom power gold above power level 5 should now display correctly
- Unlocking a new kingdom will now display the correct world conquered percentage
- Chat menu should no longer display time stamps when chatting occurs in a different channel
Please note this Update only applies to Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions of the game.