Concerned For The Future Of The Game

I am a new player (level 75ish) and i am not having these problems. Now i am not saying they dont exist, im just saying at lower levels the meta just isnt really there. I see justice teams maybe 1 out of 10 battles and i have yet to see it in GW… Granted i am only on my second week of GW but my point is the same.

I also would like to say that i have yet to see any evidence of the “cheating ai” i have heard so much about. The ai absolutely behaves differently on ps4 than it does on pc/mobile but i dont really see these magic skydrops or insane infini-loops many ppl have complained about…

Try to play at x1 you will see the loop :stuck_out_tongue:

But more seriously i thought they changed something on console cause i saw plenty +21 turn couples weeks a go but now it look like it stop after 4-5 turns. Alpheon told me nothing been changed but it look like they found a way to activate the combo breaker after 5 turns, if that’s the case this is awesome

I might be wrong but this is the feeling i got about it.

Yo im not blind brudda… If it loops (even at 4x) im gonna see it… Im not saying it never happens… Im saying it doesnt happen more often for the ai than it does for me

Oh, right, I forgot about the sliders. But that’s always struck me as primarily a means to prevent people from AI bating with skulls. It doesn’t affect the drop rates of gems, which seems to be everyone’s complaint. It seems like the Justice issue is entirely due to gem spawners, which they’re trying to fix.

@Rickygervais He just started his account. Justice is a Guild chest troop. and They need to find Q Mab. And trait them. Team Justice might not be pervasive in the very early levels.

That’s fair. When Sirrian published graphs about the state of the meta on PC last year, there were huge differences at different levels. The meta didn’t really take hold until you were up into the level 200+ area, if I recall correctly.

GW will be radically different based on where your guild is. It would be difficult for a new player to cut it in Bracket 1 where @Santandrix is, but if you’re in a guild with reasonably comparable players, you should be fine. It makes it tough for guilds to have a wide range of players though, because just hanging around with high level players probably means that the noobs are going to get creamed in GW and not have a lot of fun.

Thanks for clearing that up for me as you put a week in.
I’ve accepted it and just work with it. So if ppl do like the most challenging ai, with normal stats, it looks like cobsple is the way to go.

@Vangor, being new on console but a pro on mobile doesn’t mask you a noob either, you know what teams to build and so on,

With all that said, I’m done with my thoughts about it and I will carry on.

It’s not just the sliders. Even if you leave the AI at default settings, it still behaves differently than the PC/Mobile AI does.

As my looooong post above specifies, the Justice thing isn’t just about gem-spawning, but it is part of the problem. If they ignore the other things, it’s not going to change much by just allowing Justice to overwrite a gem or two occasionally. Also, the way they’re trying to fix the gem-spawners (by screwing around with how random the RNG is) is terrifying to me.

1 Like

Thats true… I actually got lucky enough to get mab early and even untraited she works very well with valk and justice which has i am sure made things incredibly easy for me

2 Likes

YES!!! I’ve posted this elsewhere. I am not certain I want the invisible hand ‘fixing’ random. I am very concerned.

1 Like

Are you sure that’s true for PC versus Console? As I understand it, they ported the Console version to PC so I don’t know why it would be any different. I do know that it is different from Mobile (and it sounds like we would all be better off if they took the Mobile AI at spread it throughout, though obviously if that were easy they would do it).

They’ve always screwed around with how random the AI is. That’s exactly what the combo breaker has always done. They’ve also been pretty upfront in saying that they give the players some extra “luck” b/c when they don’t players feel like the AI is cheating (and yet player still complain about the cheating AI).

Ive have 2 as well and I keep my other low as I don’t have time for it, but knowing what to make you can rock it pretty hard at a low level, defense as well.
Welcome back to PS4 btw @Vangor

2 Likes

@Stan you didin’t notice any changes? I swear i got the feeling justice miss more often

2 Likes

Yes, I’m absolutely certain. They said when they released 3.1 that they weren’t implementing the upgraded AI yet until both PC and Mobile could have it. I’ll see if I can find the quote…

Edit: @Rickygervais found it and posted a link below.

2 Likes

I havent played on pc yet but the ai is absolutely very different on console than on mobile

3 Likes

This is all I was saying. Not cheating but a lot different play style, that’s all.

2 Likes

It is hard for me to say. I am ruthless with that team and almost never let Justice get a cast off (even in GW, I never take a day-color team, but always my Amira team). Between that and how much less PVP I play than you, my sample size is probably less than 5 times that Justice has gone off on me in the last week. I just don’t see it enough to have an opinion either way.

2 Likes

Yeah, but we’re talking about Console and PC. We all know Mobile is different. I thought the only difference between Console and PC was the sliders (and the recent spawning changes).

2 Likes

I wasn’t accusing you specifically of saying the ai cheats it was more of a general statement. And for the record if you have said the ai cheats i dont recall it

1 Like

No, when they upgraded the Console AI, they did two things at once: they upgraded the base AI to a more complex decision process, AND they brought in the sliders. PC got neither of those changes when they released Unity.

2 Likes