Coming soon to a console near you! (Weekly Event: Khaziel)

That’s not entirely true. The pc side announces the new troop the night before.

Because I know people in the Australia part if the world, they share what it is so on Monday for most of us, I do the writeup of what is coming the next day too. So that’s our official day before notice akin to the PC side.

2 Likes

Yeah but if you don’t do it we would never know. The point is we never get official news. Just as exemple we were supposed to get a notification before the launch of the last update and we didin’t get it. We just woke up and boom the update was there

2 Likes

Agree wholeheartedly. We might not be catching up, but if it’s really three months away, I’ll be very disappointed. Of course I would like the rest of the 2.0 updates as well, but in particular War can’t come soon enough as far as I’m concerned.

That just goes to show how awesome and dedicated Shiratori is! And kudos to his Aussie buddies as well.

2 Likes

It does seem like the kind of service that the company would provide, though. It’s strange that there’s no advance notice from 505 on this, since for the most part it could be done as a form letter.

It was asked and answered in this thread that they don’t have the manpower for it. Also keep in mind that Pipeworks is the company handling the console port here along with 505s support.

And since people love my speculation, I will have another one soon and it will involve what to expect in September, and I’m not just talking about a cold front here. :wink:

3 Likes

From this thread:

I imagine they just don’t have the budget for that kind of PR work. An hour spent typing up a nice weekly event preview is an hour less spent coding. They could spend just a few minutes making a bare-bones “this troop, this stone, new kingdom, etc” post, but may think that doing a poor job looks worse than not doing it at all.

Well i doubt they can’t take 1 min just to tell us wich troop go out, we don’t need the story or image of the troop since pc already got it… A simple sentence saying “hey guys watch out tomorow Famine coming out for console”

I know the development teams are separate, but perhaps the Console devs could sent the release schedule to Sirrian and he could use his literary skills to write up a sentence or two for the weekly console troop/event, and include that with his PC weekly event update?

We could then have one blog post for both systems.

Technically I could just relift what Sirrian wrote for the troop earlier.

I did have some things I wanted to do to spice up the recap a little bit but real life and all made it hard and impossible to come up with things prior.

And I know, officially… Well technically speaking there is one option that while a long shot, I haven’t tried. Huge long shot but won’t be any worse than we are now.

Which option?

Wait and see.

Here’s the thing:

On the PC side, they can make things available instantly. So they know EXACTLY when things will happen. That makes it easy to make a new thing live, and have a nice bit of advanced warning.

On the console side, there is a barrier (or two) in-between us and things actually becoming available. And any time we are even SLIGHTLY wrong with our statements about when things will happen - folks tear us apart online. So it’s policy to just be vague about things, so that we don’t upset people.

At this point you’ll say “I don’t mind if things aren’t exact, I’d just like to have a pretty close idea about what’s happening when.” - but you are not representative of other people. Even just 5-6 people who feel cheated or lied to online can create HUGE problems, and so the company policy is always to avoid specific dates at all times.

This is also to some extent why there are separate console & PC/mobile teams in the first place. Because dealing with all the console-specific stuff is a huge pain, and would take the primary GoW developers away from actually making stuff for GoW - which is what everyone wants them to be focused on!

4 Likes

And likewise lets you adjust things if need be for whatever reason may come up.

Like when it was announced Green Slime then Gobchomper were going to be the next 2 event troops, you were locked into those and if they didn’t come, people would have complained.

But say nothing was mentioned and for whatever reason after looking at requests, feedback, anything, you decided Sacrificial Priest would be a better choice for Karakoth that week. That could have been done and no one could claim they were “cheated” out of Green Slime.

Or if you cone back to Pan’s Vale again. Without anything specific, you’re free to pick Faunessa, Bunni’Nog, or both based again on whatever matches the criteria set.

1 Like

Must be a fineline balancing those unhappy with misinformation against people unhappy with no information

Bet they regret announcing that death knight armor lol

1 Like

Just do what @sirrian’s team did. Make a custom troop and send it to players as an apology t those who are having problems.

Yeah, no. There’s no pleasing everybody, so if they did that in every situation where people were upset, they’d be spending all their time doing that. They go with the option that seems to cause the least amount of complaining, and let the complainers tough it out.

1 Like

Thank you for the answer i understand now and agree with you about the complains. you say something and it’s better be true cause people will start drama.

After the 2 week delay, we got a solid date of July 14th. Man, I cant wait unitl the 14th to get my armor!!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

If console is a pain to release for then would it be an idea to have monthly troops instead of a weekly troop.

Or bi-weekly.