Closed, go away

I don’t understand how it is poaching. Ps4 profiles are down so it’s likely ppl who left your guild reached out elsewhere to move on.

How are you going to keep players around in a half full guild that doesn’t complete everything weekly.

Good luck on rebuilding and no one said it is going to be easy.

We have the community for leaders and this was never once discussed there so please don’t start a riot in there either or i will have to remove you.

Thanks and good day.

Ppl move on. It’s part of the game. Find a guild that suits you.

4 Likes

I vote we have this topic closed.

1 Like

Unfortunately poaching will always occur. Saying that, those who poach aren’t fully responsible, it still requires the player to leave doesn’t it? They are not being forced to move onto another guild. Loyal players will stick around, those are the ones that are worth looking out for.

I understand that it must be frustrating for guild leaders to maintain players, more so further down the guilds you go but there’s nothing you can do about it. Like others said, brush it off, remind yourself it is a game and enjoy it for what it is. All the best with the recruitment :+1:

2 Likes

I have been in the same position when my guild went through hard times and 1/3 of my members left so first that’s my sympathizing bit for the OP.

However in regards to the topic i thought it was usually the other way around?

Even when i recruit i post ads on global and i get approached by members who have troubles with their guilds and decide to leave.

Does that mean i’m a poacher?

From my experience there are people who are loyal and will stay until the ship sinks or either they are with the guild for the benefits.

If the latter and the guild falls onto hard times they are under no obligation to stay.

2 Likes

The best way to stop poaching is to improve your guild. I have found most people in game to be loyal but if your guild is not getting any LT’s or not doing well in guild wars or not finishing modes or has a lot of inactive players not contributing can you really blame them for seeking a better home. This statement covers only loyal people now there are others in this game that will leave for 1 more LT or gem or whatever. I think most top guilds want to have 30 active players and it’s not their fault if your players want to leave.

Just want to make sure…a poacher is a player that specifically join a guild to recruit people in that guild. So these players leave with him when he decide to leave a couple hours later right?

A poacher is representative of another guile with the express purpose of tempting members away from other guilds…especially guilds that are struggling or lower guilds.

and I have seen it done that way as well

No that don’t make you a poacher…now if you were going to certain players specifically and saying " come over to us, we’re better" or something like that…then Yes…that’s a poacher.

I have encountered these things here on the forums several times - I’ve gotten PMs from random people if I don’t want to join their guild. It hasn’t happened ingame to me, though.

Still, I always told those people in PMs that thanks, I’m not interested, I like my guild.

The times I wanted to change guilds myself, I posted either in global chat (before I was on the forums) or looked around here, either making my own thread or just looking around and approaching guilds which were seeking members.

My opinion is that people PMing me out of nowhere are… annoying. Especially if they don’t even start with “Hey, I saw your old guild search thread” but it’s apparent that they just randomly sent me a message they also likely copied and pasted to ten other people at the same time. I find it pretty obnoxious, to be honest. But still: I just told them ‘No’. It’s not hard. Why would I leave a guild I am happy in? That doesn’t even make sense.

I am playing since August and I did change guilds several times. The first guild just has three active members and didn’t finish any task. The next just fell apart because the GM was absent 90% of the time. The third was absolutely awesome, but it came the point where the requirements didn’t fit what I wanted to put into the game anymore. Still, for a time, I was happy in all those guilds and while I was, I wouldn’t have left no matter what had been offered to me. Even if the requirements were similiar to the guild I had been in, I preferred to stay with the people I had gotten to know - also strengthened by the fact that I found this sudden approaching me so annoying and it told me something about how the other guild operates and that I’m not agreeing with being annoying to others.

Still, when I wanted to leave, I did so. But only then. And right now found the perfect guild for my (current) playing style again. So I stay and poachers have no chance.

tl;dr: Poachers exist and are annoying, but only guild members not happy with their current guild will likely leave. Sadly, it’s not always in the hands of the GM to make a guild a great place - if people don’t do the requirements or just end up having bad luck in GW, that’s not the GMs fault and once people start to leave, it’s a downwards spiral. This is a sad fact. But that does not make poachers do something illegal.

1 Like

@WishKiller I don’t understand the title of this thread, ‘Closed, go away’. Could you please explain? Thanks!

I figured that given the backlash WishKiller got, s/he decided to want to try to close the thread, but people are not having it, so it’s still kinda open. :stuck_out_tongue:

I had gotten tired of the negativity from people supporting poachers…BUT people seem to post in it more since i “closed” it.

EXACTLY…lol

and i am a He.

I’m not seeing a lot of support for poaching as you put it; just a general vibe of ‘yeah, it’s gonna happen :woman_shrugging:’.

I’ve seen a fair share of attempted poaching myself in other games. Generally the guild’s reaction is ‘We’re not interested, thanks,’ and roll our eyes afterwards. As far as we were concerned, anyone who does leave to a poach was going to leave anyway.

4 Likes

@WishKiller are you reading the same posts? Like @Meteorite has stated, there isn’t support for poaching, people have merely stated that these things happen and there isn’t a lot that anyone can do about it. Best bet is to focus on improving your guild and hopefully people will stay, what else can be done? There isn’t any point getting worked up over something that cannot be controlled. Chin up and again, all the best with the recruiting.

5 Likes