Chat randomly scrolls back up

Platform, device version and operating system:
iPad and Windows

Screenshot or image:
Sorry, too tired to find it right now.

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
When I open Global Chat, after previously closing it, sometimes the chat window has scrolled up to earlier posts, so then I have to scroll down manually to see the latest posts. Once this starts happening, it seems to continue for a while, even through a restart.

The reason I’m posting this now rather than once I can find the screenshot, is because of what happened about an hour ago:

I had the game open full-screen on my second monitor, with the chat window open (nearly, but not quite, full-screen), while I was working on something else. When I clicked (just once) on the chat window to switch back to GoW, I saw the chat window scroll up, right before my eyes! What’s more, this was in Full Chat (I normally use Lite Chat – the bug seems to affect both).

There is a slim chance it’s scrolling back to my previous (or one of my previous) post(s), but either way, I don’t think it should be happening.

In Lite Chat, this bug seems to frequently combine with an empty half-page devoid of all posts below the last past.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
It’s been happening for at least a week. Most of my observations were in Lite Chat, but I also spotted a few in Full Chat.

Actually seeing it scroll up simply on switching back to Gems of War with a click while chat was open? That, I’ve only seen once, so far.

Steps to make it happen again
Use chat for an extended period of time while other people are also using it? No idea.

1 Like

Looks like I don’t need to add a screenshot, after all:
most of what I describe, happened to Salty on-stream today at 14:02 time code.

My only addition is that it also happens in Full Chat.

2 Likes

Confirmed. I knew about this one. I am glad that someone else wrote a bug report.
I am hoping that this will get fixed in version 4.4.

1 Like

Yea, I’ve seen this too

1 Like