Changes to bug reporting

Good points!

Yes, I will make sure I mark every thread title once I’ve looked at it.

I think the only reason I don’t mark thread titles right now is if more testing is needed because I prefer to post after testing than before. I can easily add something like [Testing] or [More info needed] to the thread title and reply in the case of requiring more information from the OP.

I feel like putting that in the thread title is better than <3ing the post because people who aren’t forum regulars may not know who the Devs are or that liking it is a Dev acknowledgement.

@Slypenslyde please don’t create multiple threads about the same bug report as it increases our work load which mitigates the reason we’re moving bug reports to the forum. I think it’s fair though that if a bug report has been bumped off the first “page” without any sort of Dev acknowledgement that it can be bumped. I’m hoping that would never happen though as I’ll be replying to bug reports more frequently now.

Even if there’s abuse in the bug report we’ll be doing what we need to (testing/fixing) but we won’t be dignifying that behaviour with a response. If I need more information from the OP in a thread where there’s been abuse, I’m going to delete the abusive posts before I respond and move off topic posts to the feedback section (or wherever they belong).

Basically, the Bug Report section should be for problem solving. If people want to give feedback it should go in the feedback section. It’s actually important to make this distinction between problem solving and feedback, sentiment and opinion because we’re lucky enough at Gems of War that our programmers read and respond on the forum directly, but they’re here to do a job ie. is there a problem in the code? Yes? Fix it. Let’s not slow them down :slight_smile:

I think I covered everything that was raised about this move? If not just let me know :slight_smile:

7 Likes