Changes in Guild wars?

Look, I’ve never been a fan of GW and I’ve said as much many times in the forums. I did my daily battles out of a sense of obligation, sometimes enjoying them and oftentimes not. When Sirrian was saying that the KPI’s of the game were doing better than pre-guild wars, he’s talking primarily about getting more players to play more often and for longer, and I could see it having that effect on me and on others. Personally, I’ve enjoyed the game more in the last two weeks than I did in the weeks before that, but I played less. I can see the same effect on my guilds total seals count, which dropped from somewhere between 30 and 35 k for the last two weeks of GW to around 20 to 25 k in the last two weeks.

You seem to be assuming that everyone wants to strictly maximize/optimize their GW score. I don’t. I’m more than content to maximize my win/loss record while generally trying to do well in other respects. Whatever changes they make to GW, I hope it doesn’t result in me feeling like my hands are more tied than they were before. I think encouraging a sense of freedom in how to approach these battles is what they were going for with all this, and I’m going to embrace it.

6 Likes