Challenge to those who Schedule Gems of War

@awryan : If I may pose a somewhat hypothetical question?

If we work from the assumption that the developers will not remove weekend events, that there will always be some sort of Friday-Sunday thing? Which events would you deem “acceptable” for a Guild Wars week? Based on your descriptor above about “individual”, would that be Arena and Vault and maybe a Delve event as well?

2 weeks in a row, only 2 guild events each week including another bounty event less than 4 weeks apart.
Just to result in 3 guild events during Guild Wars.

@Jeto your team is failing this challenge almost as if no effort is actuality being made to keep Guild Wars weeks a 2 guild event week max.

81c94d4ba9dcfc8aef9e65c942d94a46
Screenshot_20221023_173738_Discord

Now Legends Reborn and Kingdom Pass are also scheduled on next week.

6 Likes

Next week - 1 event
After that - 1 event
After that - 1 event
Guild wars week - 2 events (minimum)
Christmas week - 3?! Events (assuming)

Still plenty of time not to be a Scrooge devs and alter your course. Have mercy on those who want to keep up with GoW, but also are regretfully human during the holidays.

3 Likes

Whoever schedules this game couldn’t handle scheduling a 5 year olds sleepover.
Screenshot_20221127_192109_Discord
Pathetic.

1 Like

tbh none of the daily/weekly events in your picture are worth playing (from rewards perspective).

it won’t leech much of your time to play 8 matches to collect Gurke on wed.
the only question is if it is needed to have daily activity for Krinklemas.

so what exactly is the big problem here (for you)?
what am I missing? as if you wouldn’t log in anyway?

Invasion should be postponed, but that’s just me

2 Likes

So many weekends before and after to have a guild event on. We don’t need one the same weekend as Christmas.

A bunch of us really.

Depending on where you live Dec 24 isn’t “Christmas”.
Dec 23 certainly isn’t “Christmas”.

Should be plenty of time for a whole guild to work together - if you really feel the need to play/finish this “well rewarded” event. Sure it would be better to have some bullshit event like arena weekend here, but I for one am glad we didn’t land on a vault weekend…

Always the option to skip a event with shitty rewards. And if you feel like “we’ve never skipped anything and we’re to proud to start now” then it feels beyond help.

While I agree that event scheduling appears to be far too inflexible, and completely ignores (and disrespects) the foreseeable impact on players…

…I don’t feel this particular schedule is particularly bad.

Add in a Kingdom Pass and Guild Wars, then change the Invasion to a new Faction release – now there you have a proper overload. Incredibly, we have experienced precisely that, before!

2 Likes

This.

But I imagine it is very challenging to keep up while playing several gameaccounts.
I don’t wish that upon anyone.

2 Likes

What percentage of users play several gameaccounts? I suspect it’s a very small number relative to the overall playerbase; even if they’re the most active players among us, even if they’re the highest-spending among us, it’s probably still a really small amount of activity relative to the overall playerbase.

And the developers shouldn’t be making decisions based on any small slice of the playerbase, at any end of the scale. That doesn’t mean that they don’t, but most of these decisions like scheduling should keep the bigger picture and the plurality/majority in mind.

I suppose it’s going to be the same thing as the Halloween event. 3 easy battles each day, maybe 6 if you buy sigils.

A few players in my guild-family do play several accounts - more or less active. I can’t understand that. It is also my opinion that the small number of multiacc’ers opinions can be neglected. As mentioned, my guess was that was the cause for this thread to be updated. If my assumption is wrong, sorry!

In my opinion the amount of events we get over the next couple weeks is okay. Less is always better. But during xmas week what is currently scheduled isn’t outrageously too much.