Casual PvP Leaderboard

I feel it’s only in line with Bounties, as you choose the level/challenge in a sense…

Regarding the Delves, i do consider that some details didn’t received a lot of thought and that some consequences of pushing too far will simply lead to a lot of grievance for the players and impact their experience.

“Out of my hat”, i can’t say a lot of things that they could do different, but a simple design change they could implement would be to increase exponentially the score bonus from clearing the Boss Room everytime during the Delve Events.

This way the challenge/reward/time would be balanced in a more logical sense.

Have another giant kitty:

1 Like

That sounds reasonable. Early/Mid-gamers could still get the reward stages while pushing leaderboard chasers to fight more difficult battles.

As it is now, the boss fight is worth ~700/710 points. It wasn’t enough to make a huge difference in points since farming delve 20 is so much faster than clearing delve 200.

(BTW, love the kitty pic. Rawr!:heart_eyes_cat:)

2 Likes

Exactly, giving 700+(700xN), where N is the number of Boss Rooms defeated after a certain point¹, would make a huge difference and impossible to reach by repeating lower levels and running away at the boss. It wouldn’t matter since all people pushing for the leaderboard/challenge would receive the same score based on the highest Delve level.

Also some crazy numbers going over 500k or more would be cool to look at. :smile:

¹ Being this point finishing the tier rewards.

Like I said… Won’t have time to finish.
:person_shrugging:

1 Like

I didn’t even consider just flopping around at level 20. I didn’t buy anything from the shop, and I had just enough seals to get to where it was getting really challenging.

I feel like I’m one of the few people not trying to find ways to make things more grindy and boring.

Yea, it is taking 8928338 minutes for screens to load now. Of course, I have sigils left.

2 Likes

You mean play the new events?

But that’s up to everyone tastes. I just think that there is a grind no matter what.
I can grind at some low level, or i can grind at a higher level.

Each concept has an appeal:

Case 1: I’ve decided to wait to test things out as my theoric understanding guided me, and as far as i’m concerned i was right given my expected results.

Case 2: Others decided to take a challenge for themselves and found rewards that they considered enough proof that they were right to push forwards as they did.

I do have reservations about one thing: In both cases the players are Endgamers, which means a lot depending of the circustances. A player less prepared couldn’t simply advance through the Delves because it’s more than likely they would get stuck with some poor rewards and experience until they manage to get stronger. Given how limited and restricted this feature is, each day you find yourself stuck without progress is bad.

So, as much as i share/suggest this in these forums i want you and others to know that i do so with what i believe are your best interests. Feel free to disagree.

Now, if i may have a minute of your time, i would like to talk with you about the unfair treatment Wild Plains and the Gnolls are suffering in the hands of the devs… :sunglasses:

1 Like

Just want to talk about my last opinion about Delve Event’s leaderboard before I’m back to pretending it didn’t exist again.

I have many years of experience in Customer Service field. Advising promotions to my customers is a part of my job, so does boosting sales of my company. I hate to be greedy and put customers in to a trap, so I have to analyze every business plan for the better of everyone. Analyzing game’s economy system is nothing new to me.

From my experience, being customers-friendly and going for maximum profit often crash with each other, hard. It’s almost impossible to find a middle ground. I’ve seen some models that try very hard to do that, but fail completely.

Then, I see the business model of Delve Event’s Learderboard. For me, it’s the most clever thing I have ever seen. It’s tilting so hard toward maximizing profit, while also keeping it costomers-friendly so all players at all stages can complete with each other as long as they have gems, like an auction system.

If players have no interest in chasing Learderboard, they can still do that as well playing the way is it intented and getting all kind of other rewards. It’s surely amazing how they can balance all these things together. I genuinely have to give props to them.

I agree on this account. I have no desire to spend gems on Delves, and I can still really enjoy them as their own end instead of a means to anything. I love the progressive difficulty where I can decide how much and how to buff my opponents. I don’t mind the RNG (though a little less RNG around the rewards wouldn’t hurt). As a guildless player, most of the game’s new modes have not applied to me; Delves are one of the few new features I can feel 100% involved in. Kudos.

1 Like