Case Study - Serious casual player

Considering the discussion about Valkyrie and soul generators, next week I will keep track of my souls (and not spend them), so we can compare with the 21K I got about a month ago.

1 Like

I look forward to your research.

As before, I will sum and reformat the data later on.

Start of the week: 1675 souls
Tribute: 199 + 146 +79
Guild task: 1200 + 2600

Pvp tier 5 in 20 matches
7945 souls now
Guild task: 900
8853 at reset of day 1
Tribute: 31 + 103
Pvp done, tier 1 in 12 extra matches, now 10444 souls
10444 still at reset of day 2
Tribute: 292
Guild tasks: 1000
11736 at reset of day 3
Tribute: 61 + 98
11895 at reset of day 4
Tribute: 196
After spending supply of keys: 12670
Tribute: 71

I was a serious casual player before the Guild update. I played a lot but wasn’t min/maxing at all.

When the guild update hit, I got quite a bit more focused and then the guild followed suit. We started recruiting heavier and within a few weeks we’ve raised 10 spots (and counting) and we’re completing tasks and seals at double the rate we were before.

The guild update was a game changer for me. I’m not playing any more or less but I’m paying a lot more attention to how I use my resources and how I build my teams.

I had fun fighting your defense yesterday, @htismaqe. My EK/Mab/Valk/Famine (all fully traited) vs your Templar/Paladin/Inquisitor/Mercy.
First you get a lucky charge on your paladin and one shot my Valk, then your Inq nearly kills my EK who dies soon after due to a skull match.

I still manage to win!

That team is sneakily good. Despite being pretty lackluster on paper, it wins at about 30% on defends and it doesn’t contain Manticore, Khorvash, Bone Dragon, or Gorgotha. :wink:

2 Likes

I’m abandoning this round of data gathering. Due to having recently acquired The Witcher 3, I find I don’t play as much Gems of War, making comparison very difficult. I might track it in a later week but I don’t foresee this pattern changing for the coming weeks (I will basically have to finish The Withcer;)), so not for now.

I did manage to finish PvP so we can compare that.
In my original week, I gathered 3875 souls in 35 matches, which is about 110,7 souls per match.
This round I gathered 3695 souls in 32 matches, which is about 115,5 souls per match.

My earlier assumption that PvP won’t lose soul incoming as I need to cast Valkyrie often enough (for the new limit) to win anyways, is proven.

Tributes are difficult to compare as I have been growing my kingdom levels and power levels anyways.

We’re mostly missing the Explore numbers.