Card portraits/possible revinew

I realize that this post may hurt some feelings. That is not my intention. Art is subjective, and no piece of art will please everyone.

Developers, have you considered having alternate images for the cards. I have noticed improvements in the art over the years, but some of the older troops could benefit from a face lift. I am a huge fan of goblins and have advanced most of them to 20th level and full attributes. Princess Fizbang: great art, i have no notes. The “Goblin” the base goblin that has been in the game forever; it’s not great. I would pay money to update that art to something that would be closer to the more modern art on the other goblin troops.

And it’s not just for goblins. Red Charlotte could get some teeth.

Proportions are important to me. (And if that doesn’t matter to everyone, i get it) Bonnie Rose has great hands and face, but her torso is too long and her thighs are bigger than her head. Some times the weird proportions are great. The Ghost Queen’s proportions are all twisted and creepy and i think it really works for her.

I understand that this is a lot to ask from a programming point of view. On the user side there could be tokens that are purchased or won and then spent on a particular troop. Then the new image would have to load for some users but not others. (“Dollars to tokens to pictures” is better than “Dollars to pictures.” The psychological hurdle is easier to overcome if the players are buying opportunities rather than a specific thing.)

It’s a little easier (than programming) to get artists to submit their work, particularly if you offer them a percentage of the income.

Thanx for your time.
DonLothar

Yes, Kitsune got new art in a previous update (6.8?) and Priestess got a complete makeover for 7.0.

I actually wouldn’t mind cards getting new art being linked to ascending to Mythic rarity…

1 Like