Cant encounter merchant or angel after Battle 4 of Explore

From the patch note, it mentioned merchant and angel only not available after boss fights.

However, people observed that it is also not available after battle 4 of explore mode. (not sure if it related to mythstones or mini boss animation) I also cant see any merchant or angel together with mini boss animation. But I cant show you evidence as I cant show you the thing already not existing.

Dev, could you check it and fix the merchant and angel encounter rate on battle 4?

Already covered early this year. Although the original description should justify the merchant/angel/demon/genie after 4th battle, it’s designed to not have this encounter.

5 Likes

thanks. checked. the end.

if they think it cant be fixed, then they should tune up the rate to 20% (15% X 4 room = 60% and take the average to 3 rooms)

3 Likes

Keep in mind Wandering Merchants have the same spawn rate in Delves (with up to 8 encounters per run). Not that I’d mind, say, a +5% boost (Genie/Demon buffs are more useful in Delves than Explore runs anyway)…

Care to share any carefully counted numbers showing that wandering merchant appearance rate in eligible games (non-boss delves and explore battles 1-2-3) is not (=is below) the advertised 15% or is it just an assumption?

isn’t it only count 60% (3 out of 5) or 50% (3 out of 6) of 5/6-fight cycle make it look much less than 15%?

That’s always seems to be the issue - building wild theories and suggestions without doing your homework first.

This is how it looked right after feature introduction. I might take another 1000 eligible games now if I’ll get interested enough, but who knows how long that would take to finish?

2 Likes

Eligible games include battle 4?

Nope, " Eligible" includes battle 1-2-3 in explore (no battle 4 or any of the bosses counted) and delves without boss room.

Out of curiosity I started going at it again - new 1000 eligible games guaranteed and then I’ll see what my mood looks like.

3 Likes

as you requested, i am doing the same statistics as you. but E10, it is far less encounter rate than yours. especially, as you dont count battle 4. it should be the eligible in the patch note but they only adjust it but not announce.

i will keep update the data until counting all 1000 fights (battle 1-4).

[P.S. really want to request a test server with 16x speed…]

half way

3 Likes

I’m excited to see the result, mainly to see what the next 1000 angel rate ends up being.

While within expected range of 10%, I’m hoping it’s not consistently under 10%.

3 Likes

wait for your result. my statistics is just only shows ~15% encounter rate, if only count battle 1-3, which matches whats they said in the patch (not anything meaningful). That mean, they nerfed the encounter rate to ~11% due to battle 4 is not eligible. (15% x 3 /4 = 11.25%, which can be calculated before do the tedious counting… )

Please tune up the encounter rate of explore (to 20%), or fix battle 4 bug, or remove that useless mini boss animantion.

1 Like

So, on one hand, you admit it’s working as expected and, on the other hand, keep insisting on things being bugged? Weird.

For all we know, wandering merchants where never meant to appear after after explore battle 4 and 15% appearance rate was given for explore battles 1-2-3.
Their fault lies in the failure to state this clearly from the get-go and players needing to ask for clarification (which, honestly, is quite understandable recognizing that they barely play their own game).

Therefore, you’d have to take your idea of raising wandering merchant encounter rate to 20% to a place called “Feature requests…” and try to gain some traction there.
(Although, raised appearance rates would also mean more useless junk Genies and Daemons to click through.)

first, they didn’t announce to clarify the patch note. everything not as they said in patch notes is already a bug. the difference is we tolerate it. They said due to mini boss animation make it difficult to fix. i only give them a choice to compensate their mistake/defect in a easy way.

if i need feature request, i would request remove lots of things (remove genie; remove daemon; merchant, remove treasure map, ingots; angel, remove everything can buy with gold from merchant except wits). lots of suck items on wandering merchant. but i just want them know battle 4 missing merchant / angel is not acceptable. it reduced 25% chance. if they cant fix it this way , then fix it in other way. what if they nerf you everything by 25%? will you treat it as a bug?

i really appreciate that you are going for 1k battles again, curious about the results.
you’re data was always reliable, also on vault weekends, thank you for that

1 Like

Binge watching TV-series has some little benefits…

To reiterate once more - eligible games mean explore battles 1-2-3 and daily delve non-boss rooms (1-8); no other games counted.
As a fun streak fact - up to about 500 games genie was going at approximately -20% rate while angel were approximately +20%; afterwards they started moving towards expected values.

3 Likes