Cannot login to the game with error: 5320368524

Hello Support Team,

I hope this message finds you well. I am Taran of www.taransworld.com, a member of the gaming community, and the creator of a fan-based website and a former fan-based Discord bot. I have over 5 years of experience hosting my fan tools, and I feel that I understand the game mechanics very well. Over the years, I have assisted countless members with various requests, and I hope I can help Cronus as well.

Cronus, an old friend of the game, approached me, stating that all of his GoW game clients were crashing when trying to launch the game. The error was unusual, stating, “There was an issue reading data from our servers. Please contact support quoting the error code: 3644744880”. After reviewing the details shared by Cronus, and based on my understanding, I believe that the problem seems related to an integer overflow in the game client, specifically tied to the in-game currency (gold) management.

I have reviewed some old game code that I had, and I noticed (at least in version 4 of the game) that the game used “public int Gold;” to handle the currency. As Cronus mentioned in his message, this is a 32-bit integer, and it would cause the game client to crash as it is “6,457” gold more than the variable can handle.

Additionally, having worked with numerous guild managers over the years (pulling stats), I have encountered many banned accounts. Based on my experience, this account shows no signs of being banned.

Supporting Cronus’s proposal, a feasible solution might be to manually adjust the gold amount in the account by deducting 2 million gold. This action could potentially bring the gold count below the 32-bit integer limit and may resolve the game launching issue.

I appreciate you considering my personal opinion on this matter, and I am thankful for the amazing game you have provided us over the years.

Best regards,
Taran
Code info:

API info:

32-bit integer limit:
Screenshot 2023-10-19 132450

15 Likes