Cannot login to the game with error: 5320368524

Dear Support Team,

I’m reaching out to express a significant issue I’ve been encountering, which is preventing me from accessing and enjoying the game. Despite my numerous attempts, the game is consistently failing to launch across multiple systems.

I have a programmer’s background and believe the issue is the GoW client uses a 32-bit integer to store the gold amount. When using a 32-bit integer the largest number allowed is 2,147,483,648 and I have 2,147,490,105 which as you can see would cause an error in the client.

I have also reached out to our community friend Taran to see if he could help verify my thoughts on this. Taran, has also come to suspect that the underlying issue might be related to the in-game currency, specifically the amount of gold in my account. Taran also said the account doesn’t look like it has been banned.

I’ve already reached out to support regarding this issue, but there seems to be a misunderstanding. The feedback I received was that my account might be banned. However, I firmly believe this may not be the case and kindly request that this possibility be revisited and rechecked thoroughly.

As a dedicated player and strong supporter of the game, being at VIP level 10, I have spent years nurturing my account and contributing to our beloved gaming community. Given my longstanding commitment, I kindly beg for a resolution that will allow me to continue my journey within the game.

A potential remedy that I would like to propose is to remove 2 million gold from my account to see if this alleviates the launching issue. This approach seems like a feasible troubleshooting step, and I’m more than willing to cooperate fully to implement this solution or any other that may seem appropriate.

Best,

PS: Attached is a screenshot of the login screen:

12 Likes

Hello Support Team,

I hope this message finds you well. I am Taran of www.taransworld.com, a member of the gaming community, and the creator of a fan-based website and a former fan-based Discord bot. I have over 5 years of experience hosting my fan tools, and I feel that I understand the game mechanics very well. Over the years, I have assisted countless members with various requests, and I hope I can help Cronus as well.

Cronus, an old friend of the game, approached me, stating that all of his GoW game clients were crashing when trying to launch the game. The error was unusual, stating, “There was an issue reading data from our servers. Please contact support quoting the error code: 3644744880”. After reviewing the details shared by Cronus, and based on my understanding, I believe that the problem seems related to an integer overflow in the game client, specifically tied to the in-game currency (gold) management.

I have reviewed some old game code that I had, and I noticed (at least in version 4 of the game) that the game used “public int Gold;” to handle the currency. As Cronus mentioned in his message, this is a 32-bit integer, and it would cause the game client to crash as it is “6,457” gold more than the variable can handle.

Additionally, having worked with numerous guild managers over the years (pulling stats), I have encountered many banned accounts. Based on my experience, this account shows no signs of being banned.

Supporting Cronus’s proposal, a feasible solution might be to manually adjust the gold amount in the account by deducting 2 million gold. This action could potentially bring the gold count below the 32-bit integer limit and may resolve the game launching issue.

I appreciate you considering my personal opinion on this matter, and I am thankful for the amazing game you have provided us over the years.

Best regards,
Taran
Code info:

API info:

32-bit integer limit:
Screenshot 2023-10-19 132450

15 Likes

Hello :slight_smile:

Thank you for the screencaptures and the nicely worded letters.

Unfortunately I will have to close this thread as we do not discuss ban appeals in a public setting like here in the forums for privacy and safety purposes.

For more information, please refer to your submitted support tickets.