Cancel Spell Button

Sorry to spoil the fun, but we can’t have a cancel spell be c a use it breaks “when cast spell” traits.

Cast/cancel gards avatar to infinite armor is just one of the fun bugs this would cause.

2 Likes

Those traits would need to be changed to activate at final commit time instead of before target selection. Solvable, but certainly a complication to address.

If we were discussing any other game, I’d say you were correct. In gems of war land, black beasts happily gobbled up opponents. A server hot fix saved us then, with console and the fantasy test environment they use this could be a game killer.

Simple cool changes shouldn’t make you worry about critical permanent game ruining bugs.

1 Like

I would not know how to maintain my joy, it would be like endless Christmas wonderland or a free $500 gift card to the liquor store, all things that will never happen unfortunately

What about the spells that have no target selection?

Would the traits activate on spell cast for some and target selection for others?

As a more general query when would you need to use such a button?

I personally see little use for the button especially compared to the number of potential problems it could cause

1 Like

For a spell with no target selection, there is already a sort of “cancel button” in the sense that you can choose not to cast the spell. Since that is the only decision involved, you can make your choice then move on.

For a spell with target selection, sometimes you make a mistake and try to cast, then notice after casting that a gem wasn’t where you thought, or you remember a troop has a trait that makes the spell useless. Hence the desire for this button. For these spells, you have to make two decisions, but you don’t have easy access to the information needed for the 2nd decision at all phases of casting.

But I agree, it’s likely implementing this feature will break several more troops and cause server downtime for several days, so we should probably just stop asking the devs to add things to the game.