Campaign Ending: Phoenix Stone

Worth noting, the devs intentionally designed Blade of Morning hero weapon (Red/Blue) to work with Quetzalma (Green/Yellow/Purple) to really do some yellow looping. Its still low damage output, but repeatable.

2 Likes

Nah I think it’s a pretty bad troop overall. It’s an easy C mythic, if that. However, it does work, and it fills a role that Phoenicia can’t in some regards. It isn’t reliant on Firestorm, it uses Purple instead of Red mana (for any events/delves that restrict that), and it can loop/alter the board.

Would I buff it? Absolutely. I think the boost could easily be 4-5x per gem removed instead of 3x. I think the base damage could easily be increased from Magic+20 to Magic*1.5 or even 2. The only thing its third trait has going for it is that it comes back with full mana. Other than that, 20% chance is pretty bad. That’s not very “Eternal.” Instead I think it would have been REALLY cool if it had a 100% chance to summon an Empowered Sunbird when it dies.

1 Like

I’ve been using that in the event, it’s AWESOME.

OMG. Players complaining about everything. Can’t put a little effort in finishing the campaign? I’m sure you play every day anyway.

I do play every day. Which attributes to my wisdom of knowing what’s worthy of complaint and what isn’t.
You know who doesn’t play every day? The staff of Infinity Plus 2.
So it is our volunteer responsibility to educate the staff in the form of feedback or “complaints” if you prefer. In hopes of them releasing a continuously better version of Gems of War. I feel like it’s a pretty standard give and take in any game with live services. So much so that they really don’t spend a lot pre-testing time. And just release stuff to the community to see if it sinks or swims. Feel free to educate yourself on the forums with countless examples of where this has happened.

Now I don’t mean to single you out. But for whatever reason. (Of all the complaints) You chose to reply to mine. And by far you aren’t the first player to complain about complainers. However, a quick review of some of your previous posts clearly demonstrates that you also have provided your own negative feedback in the past.
So may I ask why your complaints were warranted and these aren’t?
Other than the same review (less than 5 minutes mind you) revealed your positive feedback about campaign tasks as a whole.
So perhaps your own bias is putting down others just for having an opinion that’s different about campaign tasks than your own?

I’ll go back to playing the game daily now. And leave the psychology analysis to the professionals. So long as I don’t have to read another person complain, about others complaining with zero awareness of their own past complaints. Thank you in advance.

1 Like

Your original post wasn’t that bad and not the one I wanted to reply too. My mistake. I never skip tasks with gems and only bought elite+ for the 1st campaign. However, I don’t see how you could say my previous feedback has been negative about the game itself. No complaints here!

1 Like

Whether it’s the way they design campaign tasks to take 2 or 3 days. Or the way they price items in the shop.

You do understand the motivation behind either decision is profit right?

(I didn’t have to dig deep on your profile, it’s the first article that comes up after clicking on your name. :person_shrugging:)

95% of the campaign tasks I have zero issue with. But the ones that are time gated. (the motivation of daily play is bull shit. There’s already plenty of incentives already in place for that. Including Adventure boards without the task assigned to it.)

It’s just really hard to swallow how much money they made last year during a pandemic with so many out of work. Yet they continue to nickle and dime players like a slum Lord.
I understand company’s need to make money to exist. And I’m all for capitalism. But I’ll be the first one to point out when a company is doing something sleezy or predatory. And for Infinity Plus 2, Week 10, Campaign 3, was a series of one bad look after another.

If Puzzle Quest 3 has any hope of not being the next Anthem. They better figure out what made GoW great in the first place… And it wasn’t profit before player satisfaction.

6 Likes

Pricing is not gameplay, and it might have been a European tax thing.

They put price tags on things that should cost zero. Not a tax thing.

2 Likes

I see.

Had I voiced my complaint in the form of a question would it no longer be a complaint, Alex?