Campaign Begins: The Dread Captain's Chest

Originally published at: https://gemsofwar.com/campaign-begins-the-dread-captains-chest/

New Campaign Begins A brand new Campaign begins today. Join Lil’ Johnny Bronze in Blackhawk, as he seeks the legendary treasure of Dread Captain Grim. New Heroic Gem: Booty Gem During this Campaign, we have a new Heroic Gem that players may encounter in puzzle battles – the Booty Gem. Booty Gems are colorless Gems…

1 Like

Congrats, the team has managed to power creep yellow gems to doomskulls/uber doomskulls for heroes. Meanwhile the other colors can’t get a 2nd weapon.

2 Likes

Shiny tokens stay in the inventory forever, for tracking purposes? That’s going to cause a crazy lot of clutter as more and more shiny troops get added. :thinking:

7 Likes

Why is the hanged man actually a hanged woman?

5 Likes

Well campaing rewards remain the same - tons of useless pet food and traitstones. not worthy buying, again.

3 Likes

I was surprised they automatically apply to the troop. Seems like it could be easy to get shiny tokens without realizing it (especially in mail) and not know your troop had upgraded.

6 Likes

3 weapons this campaign

1 Like

If you’re a F2P player like myself, one who has never spent real money on this game? And you’re about as far advanced as I am?

Blackhawk is progress blocked by a lack of weapons. I need 12 fully-upgraded weapons to go further; I have 10 fully upgraded plus a Doomed Weapon sitting at +0; the only other Blackhawk weapon (for me) is behind the paywall.

So while it’s going to be a while until I can get the new campaign weapons to remove this particular roadblock, it’ll at least be possible to get past it. Even if it’s likely to be a year until the next Blackhawk week rolls around and I can soulforge the stupid things.

1 Like

None of which are Blackhawk. They are Broken Spire, Dragon’s Claw, and Blighted Lands. Blackhawk will be blocked by this issue for the foreseeable future.

6 Likes

I’m in a similar boat, never spent a dime on this game, so everything is a long grind. At this point all of my kingdoms are blocked because I’m either missing weapons (and yet still get ingot offers constantly because the devs have never fixed this, I have tens of thousands of each ingot, just nothing to use them on), i’m missing a Tarot troop (because I can’t ever get 1 of the 10 i’m missing from the Vault, but yet I have 200+ Cedrics), or I don’t have a 2nd or 3rd pet at level 20.

I’m aware of what the spoilers say.

I happen to believe that the spoilers are simply wrong on this one. Because if you go into the appropriate page over at Taransworld or somesuch, you see two weapons being released in each of the weeks, one that’s clearly a “weekly event” sort of thing and the second one having something to do with Booty Gems.

So I’m inclined to believe that the second group of weapons is going to revert to Blackhawk when the developers get around to fixing the crap they customarily gork in the first place. Especially as two of the three kingdoms that you cite already have more than enough weapons to last a while even without getting a couple more.

A quick look at a dictionary tells me that in English, the word “man” can have multiple meanings, one of which is “an individual, a person”. I assume this is the meaning intended here.

1 Like

And I’m inclined to believe you’re giving them too much credit. I’ll be glad to be proven wrong but their track record of proactive measures is not what one would call stellar or satisfactory. (Heck, didn’t they even make it sort of a forum rule not to point out potential issues with unreleased stuff.)
The fact that we’re even discussing this weapon matter already says a thing or two.

2 Likes

Anyone else getting stuck on the campaign menu? I completed the tasks a few days ago. I remember collecting one but don’t think I collected the others. Now it won’t load for me. Steam/PC and Android have the same problem.

2 Likes

Just tried this on PlayStation. Is now causing the game to crash when I try to access the campaign menu.

I had completed all tasks on Monday so didn’t try accessing it before now.

Bug report posted.

1 Like

And when the Hanged Man will be available in the Vault?

3-4 weeks after Campaign’s end… This is the 3rd week, I guess. So, only next week, as usual.

1 Like

Actually, we’ve seen it happen as early as the second week of the next campaign and as late as the sixth (or was it seventh?) week of the next campaign. For all practical purposes it’s entirely random.

2 Likes

@Jeto Any news for campaign mythic and tarot availability?

1 Like

Incase you missed this info on other topic: