Campaign Begins: Talisman of Wild Magic

Just FYI everyone, this is only the second campaign since these started that offers +6 Magic. Unfortunately (or fortunately, if you need time to prepare), the last boost to Magic happens on the last week… or if you do buy the ultra elite pass or whatever, you’ll get it a week earlier.

I point this out because I found the +6 Magic helpful to do pure Factions.

Here’s the breakdown.

Campaign 7 Artifact Skill Ups (Oct 25 - Jan 02, 2022)
================= (Wildcard Gems)
Level 1 - +2 Magic
Level 2 - +3 Attack
Level 3 - +3 Attack
Level 4 - +5 Shield
Level 5 - +5 Life
Level 6 - +5 Shield
Level 7 - +2 Magic
Level 8 - +5 Shield
Level 9 - +5 Life
Level 10 - +2 Magic
TOTALS: +10 Life; +6 Attack; +15 Shield; +6 Magic

5 Likes

Gain 10 whole life when an enemy casts a spell. Wowzers. You know, this would be AMAZING if I just started playing, this was my first mythic, and I was doing content in which the enemy wasn’t dealing 50-100 damage per spell. Unfortunately, that’s not the case, so it’s utterly worthless. In fact, its Wild Magic trait is significantly better than Absorb Spell.

Let me go ahead and remake Absorb Spell to be something fitting:

• Gain Reflect at the start of my turn.

Now ditch the Tough Scales trait and replace it with Wild Healing:

• Gain 10 Life when matching a Wildcard Gem.
1 Like

Might be answered before, but what happens if multiple matches are possible with Wildcards, how does it prioritize matches? What if there’s a column/row of 8 wildcards and no match 3 options in the other direction?

Also assuming that destroying a wild card will offer 0 mana like an explosion?

Ikr I made a topic about this a while back. Some suggestions I gave were gain 5 to a random skill every time an ALLY cast a spell, or all ally dragons gain 2 to life and attack at the start of my turn. But now I strongly doubt IP2 will change the third trait.

I have a question that may have been asked, but is the only way to get Tihamata is to purchase the elite pass?

Campaign mythics typically show up in chests and are added to the soulforge rotation 3-4 weeks after the campaign ends. For Tihamata it’ll be around end of January.

1 Like

we can craft it, it is usually added to the crafting pool around a month after its release.

we can also get it from event chest, it is usually added to event chest around a month after its release.

by the way we will be having 3 mythics from dragon claw…
elemaugrim
ishtara
tihamata

so getting it through event chest will be somewhat difficult

been waiting years for them to steal this idea from Puzzle Quest, surprised it took this long.

1 Like

I’m looking forward to seeing what happens when 5 purple mana potions are triggered and flood the board with purple gems, many simultaneously matching with a few different wildcards at the same time. That should be fun. Let’s see… Gorgotha and Fountain of Stars and Archmagus Class Hero with EoE and what else… which troop needs a thousand purple mana to fill it? :laughing:

Hopefully there’s also a lycanthropy gem or two in there just for kicks… :crazy_face:

It applies to all matches.
Lets say you have a x2 WC that, if moved to the left, matches 2 yellows in the x axys and 2 purples in the y axys, you then will get 5 yellow and 5 purple mana.

1 Like

Do we have any confirmation on what happens if e.g. we have:

Red Red X Blue Blue

and we swap X up/down with a wildcard?

Haven’t come across it yet, and rather be certain (i.e. hearing from players’ experience) before GvG week rolls back in :thinking: :pray: :vulcan_salute:

I have read elsewhere that you would get both red and blue mana in that scenario. I have not personally tested it myself.

1 Like

Thanks
:relaxed: :vulcan_salute:

I’m more curious about the new kingdom. We can find kingdom order in the campaign:

25.10 - Silverglade
01.11 - Pridelands
08.11 - Wild Plains
15.11 - Nexus
22.11 - Divinion Fields
29.11 - Nexus
06.12 - Karakoth
13.12 - Nexus
20.12 - Stormheim
27.12 - Dragon’s Claw

And we know that factions for Nexus’ weeks 15.11 and 29.11 will be The Warrens and Sea of Sorrow. Will Umbral Nexus faction appear soon enough to show on 14th December? Maybe on 3rd-5th December?

1 Like

I suppose it’s possible, but the spoilers over at Taransworld suggest that answer is “no”. First, because they don’t have a date for the Umbral Nexus faction at all. Second, because the Event spoilers page lists the All-Seeing Eye as a weekend faction event for 3rd-5th December.

Mind you, it’s easy enough to change things. But a better idea might be to insert something else into the 3-5 December weekend and do an Umbral Nexus release during 10-12 December when it’s less likely to be a Nexus week and therefore won’t have the boosted stats on the native units.

As long as the All-Seeing Eye is an opened faction already, it can be just a stub for some event that will be fixed (i.e. filled with real data) later.