Campaign Begins: Monument of Stars

I wondered if people would struggle with this when I first saw them because – unlike the gems themselves – there’s nothing to differentiate the potions aside from the colour, so I mocked this up using Color Oracle:

Looks like someone skipped accessibility testing. :thinking:

11 Likes

The pet food also doesn’t match the pet’s color of this campaign.
I don’t know if it did in the previous campaigns, though.

2 Likes

There’s a small icon within each flask, similar to the one found on gems:

It’s very hard to see due to the flask art covering parts of it.

3 Likes

I love it @Fourdottwoone. I needed to use a computer and blow it up full screen to see it.

Ah, I see them if I zoom way in and look for them, but I can’t otherwise see them on my android phone or my laptop. It’s super subtle.

What’s funny is that I used mspaint to get all the potions in a single screenshot, and I didn’t even notice then when zoomed in to copy/paste them.

Part of the issue, I think, is the three-quarter view angle on them. Putting the corner of the bottle right in the middle helps to obscure the element logo. Maybe if the potion bottles were spherical, like the full rejuvenation pots in Diablo II?

I was pretty excited for Celestial Flask. From the description, picking a color for three potions sounded like a fun and wild new game mechanic.

Little did I know that the color of potions generated is random (except brown, for reasons unexplained). Ugh. Another one for the dustbin.

The text is pretty clear that it would randomly create a the potions

1 Like

Really? At this point it’s clearly just wishful thinking, but the wording seemed a bit ambiguous, like you might be able to select one of the five colors. Wouldn’t be the first time something was worded in a confusing/misleading way.

You might want to experiment some more. In the right team this weapon seems to be pretty close to god tier, makes even Life & Death look like junk.

I was wrong, and you are right. Yikes.

Oh, noes…

…what fresh monstrosity am I going to encounter this War? :sweat_smile:

Based off how other troops have been worded

Create means random

Transform means we pick

Convert mean change x to y

The fact it gives a extra turn to me means it could have some use but haven’t had time to play with it yet