Campaign Begins: Gobmother's Orb

CAMPAIGN BEGINS: THE GOBMOTHER’S ORB

New Campaign Begins

A brand new Campaign begins today. Brian the Lucky has accidentally unleashed a chaotic force upon Krystara.

New Heroic Gem: Wish Gems

During this Campaign, we have a new Heroic Gem that players may encounter in puzzle battles, the Wish Gem.

Wish Gems cannot be matched with other Gems, and must be destroyed either by spells that target them or from being exploded (either from a spell or Doomskull).

When destroyed Wish Gems will do one of five things:

1. Completely fill the Mana of one random Ally
  2. Completely fill the Mana of two random Allies
  3. Completely fill the Mana of three random Allies
  4. Completely fill the Mana of all Allies
  5. Completely fill the Mana of all Allies and Enemies

Wish Gems will occasionally (but rarely) drop like regular Gems during The Gobmother’s Orb Campaign. Some Troops and Weapons will also be able to create them.

Once the Campaign is over, they will no longer fall randomly though the Troops and Weapons that create them, will continue to function.

Artifact: The Gobmother’s Orb

During this Campaign, players can earn Stars to level this Campaign’s Artifact – The Gobmother’s Orb. Each new level will expand the story of the Campaign and also give Skill Point bonuses to all battles (including PvP and Guild Wars).

(These bonuses will only apply during the Campaign and are lost when the Campaign ends).

Elite Pass Rewards Sneak Peek

We have a sneak peek at a few of the rewards that will be available from the Elite Pass reward track.

When the campaign ends, players can still earn unique rewards in the following ways:

• Faerie Gobmother – She will start appearing in chests 3-4 weeks after the Campaign ends.
  • Gobmother’s Wand – This weapon will be craftable from the Soulforge the next time during their Kingdom’s event after the Campaign ends.
  • Portraits, Emojis and Titles – Like Social Collectibles from Events, these will become available to purchase from Gems about 3 months after the Campaign ends.
  • Sweetbuns – As this pet is cosmetic, she will only be available during special Pet Rescues after the Campaign ends.

New Tarot Card: The Fool

The Tarot card for this Campaign will be The Fool.

5 Likes

The fool looks like the most useful tarot troop yet. I don’t want to see it in GW though :slight_smile:

Oh lord, I can hear the wailing and gnashing of teeth already at a 6 mana team jumbler that gets bonuses with Goblin teams.

Can we just stop with the gimmick gems already?

10 Likes

It is a construct from Zaejin i know the artwork makes it seem like a goblin but it isn’t also the sphinx is just better it doesn’t need to maybe get extra turns. It costs 1 more mana but can also use 2 different colours making it easier to fill and not be mana blocked.
the emperor is a strong tarot troop if he gets rolling.

I actually LIKE the wish gems. I think it’s really neat. It forces you to want to include some destroy/explode gems troops, and the results are almost always in the player’s favor. I have yet to come across a scenario where wish gems didn’t benefit me.

5 Likes

Wait till guild wars…

3 Likes

I have had it backfire a few times where the teams are both filled up and I haven’t yet culled members of their team. Seems the 5 possible outcomes each have equal chance making it 20% chance to get the filling both teams outcome. More testing is needed if anyone else wants to collect numbers.

I don’t hate the wish gems but count me among the others who hate that it can help the enemy team when you destroy them. Isn’t it enough that the enemy team can take advantage of wish gems on their own?

2 Likes

I don’t understand the devs thinking with these stupid gimmick gems. If they always benefit the player we would love them. But of course we can’t have that can we? Always such annoying weird decisions made by these devs in many areas of the game to make it less fun is confusing.

And whose stupid idea was the popup witch? Fire them immediately they are idiots.

7 Likes

The only Fool is the players here. Remember the Arachnaean Weaver debacle.
Yes it wont go away even in 2022. Still no actual truthful apology. Putting AW in the soulforge or 50 gems compensation is no real substitute for saying 'we stuffed it, we are sorry. ’ Too hard in the corporate world. Players dont be a fool. Caveat Emptor with GoW.

1 Like

Where is @Kafka? I am missing GoW streams. I was expecting @Jeto will introduce this b**ch witch at the very least.

2 Likes

No Ending Post?

Goodbye wish gems and the jump scare that was Gobmother :tada: may you rest quietly gathering dust along with the Lycanthropy gems

11 Likes

Am I the only one who will miss wish gems? I like explode teams and in most cases, wish gems made the battles faster. Except when they backfired, but that was rare enough that it wasn’t a bother.

4 Likes

Me for one, hated the wish gem so much.

I came to like the witch gem too.

I played today’s FA with a team that had Gobmother. I like the wish gems, but I generally prefer to control which heroic gems are on the board.