Campaign 5 Guide (Week 1 - 10, 2021-07-26)

Have we established whether rerolls are as ‘random’ as the World Event battles? (i.e. whether we all get the same alternative task upon reroll)
:thinking: :vulcan_salute:

1 Like

I’m tracking rerolls for myself. So far, I’ve only seen Brawler, Colour Slayer, Dominator and Forgotten Explorer. There is a range in the number you need that is random, but higher at Gold, etc.

1 Like

Typical management hubris with silver tasks. Grind daily; thats all you are offering here. Woeful gaming. Designers ; you should invest for player fun in tasks; not persist in making the game; Gems Of Grind. Probably: too much to ask.

So your Silver Reroll was not 24 Adana7+ battles?
:pray: :vulcan_salute:

I noped out of the adventure board task, and I got “kill 75 blue enemies” as its replacement.

2 Likes

Tx.
:relaxed: :vulcan_salute:

my bot will soon be able to provide a reroll command too :muscle:

2 Likes

Campaign 5 Week 7 Strategy

Without rerolling, this week’s Campaign will span 4 days. In fact, all the Silver tasks are annoying. Nonetheless, I would be careful with my rerolls, because they often lead to quite lengthy alternatives: 25-30 wins in PvP or Explore, or nearly 100 kills of a particular colour. Consequently, I recommend only rerolling the very first Silver task: 3 Adventure Boards.

1. Open 2 Event Chests (B1).

2. Craft 1 Yellow Summoning Stone (B2).

3. Reroll the Adventure Board (S1) and build a team that uses a Shield weapon for 22 wins (G1).

4. Kill Zilopochtli once (B3). Because he’s buried in the 4th phase of the World Event (at least 30 battles before he’ll show up), I advise rerolling in Casual PvP. Your only other option is to explore Suncrest for a 1 in 3 chance in the Mythic Boss battle. If your rerolled S1 is compatible, exploring Suncrest could actually be a perfect option.

5. Use a Suncrest team for 4 wins (B4) on the Adventure Board or in Pet Rescue.

6. Use the Stormcaller class for 4 wins (B5) on the Adventure Board or in Pet Rescue.

7. If you rerolled S1, now is the time to finish it. Then, complete 3 Treasure Hunts with 60+ turns (S2). Rerolling this would make for a long day…

8. Use the Talon Banner (YGb) for 4 wins (B6), completing today’s Adventure Board and doing the first 3 of 6 Dungeon Battles (S3). I wouldn’t bother rerolling S3.

9. Hopefully, G1 will be done by now and you can start to explore Suncrest 5 times at D7+ (G2).

10. Getting 9 Stryx kills (B7) should be easy.

11. Match 90 Yellow Gems (B8). Use Stormcaller if it’s taking too long.

12. Briefly switch to PvP, to earn 5 Glory (B9).

13. Get 13 Yellow kills (B10). Again, very easy in Suncrest.

14. Finally, finish Tuesday’s Dungeon for S3, then win 6 battles in a single Arena run (S4). This is definitely worth doing, as you may be offered an Imperial Deed at a discount, on completion.

Note: If you don’t want to reroll any of the Silver tasks, the Gold and Bronze strategy is the same – just move all the Silver tasks to the end, and do them as you can.

To help out other players – more important than ever, this week – set your PvP defence to one Zilopochtli followed by 3 Stormsingers: [6869,6583,6583,6583,3010,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,14033]

4 Likes

I got 77 Yellow enemies on rerolling the Adv Board. Highly convenient for this week.

1 Like

Got the exact same task after rerolling the AB task.

Edit/
The dungeon task reroll gave me ‘kill 75 brown enemies’.

1 Like

These silver tasks are truly horrendous. I’m not rerolling though, rather just wait. Its three attack. The number is so small I’m typing it out with letters. I’ll survive.

Campaign 5 Week 8 - Darkstone

Team used: [6146,1129,6151,6681,3022,3,3,2,1,3,1,3,14021]

Cheers, Gary.

10 Likes

Campaign 5 Week 8 Strategy

This week is easier than last, though there’s not a heap of overlap. You’ll want to hang on to the Dungeon (B5) and your Daily Delve Sigils (S4), but you probably don’t need to reroll anything. Use the Adventure Board for your first few tasks.

1. Start by building a Darkstone team for 15 wins (S1) that uses a Jewellery weapon for 22 wins (G1), and use it to do the easy battles on the Adventure Board before moving to low-level Explore or Pet Rescues.

2. Earn 80 Souls in battle (B1) – this should happen within a few battles.

3. Open 50 Gold Chests (B2).

4. Get 13 Purple kills (B3). You may want to switch to a different team, as you need to quickly get enough Mythstones to access the Zhul’Kari boss battle for B4, probably multiple times. Get your Purple kills in Karakoth, Ghulvania or Zhul’Kari itself, depending how many Mythstones you have.

5. Kill Arachnaean Weaver once (B4). You have three realistic options: the Zhul’Kari Mythic Boss battle on low-Difficulty Explore (getting enough Mythstones from high-D explore in other Kingdoms); Casual PvP; or buried in the World Event.

6. Win 3 Dungeon Battles (B5). You can use your Darkstone team.

7. Use a Vault Key to kill 1 Treasure Gnome (B6).

8. Craft 1 Purple Summoning Stone (B7).

9. Match 300 Purple Gems (S2) – once you have your Darkstone team wins.

10. Get 9 Mystic kills (B8) – in Silverglade, or just possibly the World Event.

11. Explore Darkstone once at D7+ (B9), switching to Plaguelord class for 15 wins (S3) when S2 is done.

12. Win 4 battles in a single Arena run (B10).

13. When G1 is done, use the Dark Banner (PN) for 22 wins (G2)…

14. Complete 3 Delves at Level 80+ (S4) using Daily Delve Sigils. If you pick the right Faction, you can use the Dark Banner. Alternatively, you might want to reroll this task, or wait for the Tuesday Faction Event.

To help other players, set your PvP defence to Arachnaean Weaver and 3 times Aziris: [6555,6111,6111,6111,3026,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,14033]

4 Likes

Campaign 5 Week 9 - Merlantis

Team used: [1293,6405,6627,6888,3036,1,2,3,3,1,1,1,14025]

Cheers, Gary.

10 Likes

Campaign 5 Week 9 Strategy

This week, the first Silver task is the only major roadblock. You can either immediately reroll it, use Daily Sigils (ideally, with a Merlantis team, which could be a challenge!), or buy extra Sigils in Tuesday’s Faction Event. If you don’t reroll, the other Silver tasks shift to the end of the list, but I reckon I’ll be rerolling.

You’re free to use the Adventure Board and Dungeon for easy wins with a Merlantis team (G1). Everything else is pretty straightforward.

1. Open 5 Gem Chests (B1).

2. Open 2 Event Chests (B2).

3. Complete 3 Delves at Level 90+ (S1). If you don’t reroll, try to use a Merlantis team (G1) and look for Merfolk kills (B3) in Sea of Sorrow, or the Dark Wave Pool, Drowned Grotto, Murky Deep and Sunken Treasure rooms. The remaining Silver Tasks can be done as soon as S1 is complete, even though I’ve put them at the end of the list.

4. Use a Merlantis team for 22 wins (G1). Feel free to use the Adventure Board, Dungeon, and Pet Rescues.

5. Get 9 Merfolk kills (B3). Merlantis Explore and Sea of Sorrow are both good options.

6. Use the Tidecaller class for 4 wins (B4). Probably easiest to slip it into a Rowanne team.

7. Kill Megavore once (B5). Look in Casual PvP and the World Event. Worst case, explore Blackhawk.

8. Once you’ve claimed G1, use the Trident Banner (BGy) for 22 wins (G2). The Rowanne team is a quick option.

9. Match 90 Blue Gems (B6). I suggest starting to explore Merlantis (at D8+), but diverting elsewhere if you’re not done before the Mini Boss battle.

10. Finish exploring Merlantis once at D8+ (B7).

11. Win 4 Ranked PvP battles (B8).

12. Get 13 Blue kills (B9). Merlantis is the go-to place, though I would simply continue with my weekly Ranked PvP.

13. Complete 1 Treasure Hunt with 60+ turns (B10).

14. Whenever you happen to finish S1, win 6 battles in a single Arena run (S2).

15. Craft 3 Blue Summoning Stones (S3).

16. Use a Vault Key to kill 3 Treasure Gnomes (S4).

To help out other players, set your PvP defence to one Megavore and 3 Axolotls: [6571,6888,6888,6888,3002]

4 Likes

Campaign 5 Week 10: Maugrim Woods

Team Code used: [1323,6779,6298,6125,3059,3,1,1,1,1,2,1,14002]
Please note that Wulfgarok is not available during the world event this week.

Cheers, Gary.

7 Likes

Campaign 5 Week 10 Strategy

The final week of the campaign is a bit of an odd one. For the first time ever, you won’t need to use a specific banner. Yet you’ll be hunting Wargare (including Wulfgarok): one of the rarest and nastiest troop types in the game. And Wulfgarok does not appear in the World Event. Luckily, while there’s a 2-day Dungeon (that most people will reroll), the Adventure Board is available to use at any time for easy battles; I recommend checking to see whether any of the Adventures are tied to Maugrim Woods (for easy Wargare kills – G1) or feature lots of green enemies (for G2).

1. Use a Vault Key to kill 3 Treasure Gnomes (S1).

2. Earn 5 Glory in PvP (B1), ideally in Casual PvP, while simultaneously killing Wulfgarok 3 times (S2). Alternatively, once B1 is done, explore Maugrim Woods at high Difficulty to find Wulfgarok in the Mythic Boss battle. (Only reroll S2 if you have the time for a lot of D9+ exploring.)

3. Both options will get you started on 44 Wargare kills (G1), and on earning 80 Souls in battle (B2).

4. Once you claim S2, either win the first 3 of 6 Dungeon battles (S3), or reroll the 2-day task. Also, if you finish G1 early (by exploring Maugrim Woods), keep an eye out for Green enemies from here on in, for G2 – as well as whatever you need for the rerolled S3.

5. Use a Maugrim Woods team for 4 wins (B3). You can use the Adventure Board (especially if there’s a Maugrim Woods adventure, for G1), or Monday’s Dungeon (which features a few Green enemies for G2).

6. Take a break from your Gold tasks to win 4 Ranked PvP battles (B4).

7. Explore Maugrim Woods once at D9+ (B5).

8. Complete one Delve at Level 110+ (B6). If you don’t want to wait for Tuesday’s event (you would likely need to buy Tier II), Fox’s Den (II) and Wild Pack’s Den (IV) both include a number of Wargare. You can try your luck for either room in Illithia, while only needing to fight three rooms. Wild Pack’s Den can appear as the middle room (of three fights) in All-Seeing Eye, Hall of Guardians, Crypt Keepers, Silver Necropolis, Stonesong Eyrie, Mirrored Halls, Illithia and Duergaroth. Stonesong Eyrie also gives you a 4-room chance at Fox’s Den.

9. Craft 1 Green Summoning Stone (B7).

10. Use a Bow weapon for 4 wins (B8). If this is a challenge, use the Adventure Board, Dungeon, or a Pet Rescue.

11. Open 2 Event Chests (B9).

12. Use the Warden class for 4 wins (B10). Again, use the Adventure Board, Dungeon, or a Pet Rescue.

13. Get 66 Green kills (G2). Start by doing your weekly Ranked PvP, then finish up in Forest of Thorns.

14. If you didn’t reroll S3, finish it off with Tuesday’s Dungeon.

15. Either way, complete the fifth Campaign by matching 300 Green Gems (S4).

Wargare are surprisingly nasty, so the best team I can build to help other players includes up to 3 copies of Wulfgarok, with the remaining spots filled by Scurvy Seadog to convert away Green. Set your PvP defence (NOT Guild Wars) to: [6300,6300,6300,6542,3025]

2 Likes

That was fast :slight_smile: . Thanks

1 Like

Rubbish set up if Wulfgarok is not in the World event. The game is Gems of War, not Gems of Grind as you keep delivering developers.

I havent seen Wulfgarok in world event yet myself. I ve done the dungeon and the boss version doesn’t count towards the counter but it should its a Wulfgarok! Ive grind lv 12 explore and keep getting new mythic fights. I put it on explore 3 and still keep getting new mythic fights instead of Wulfgarok… I dont do pvp. I’ll try to act surprised.

I discovered on the ps4 you can select the explore mythic boss battle and if the target isnt on the enemy rooster just close the game and pick the fight again and the enemy set will be different.