Bug with Watcher

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened?

The description of the Watcher’s Piercing Gaze says it will drain an enemy’s mana if they have a status effect, but it doesn’t work if they are diseased.

What are the steps to make it happen again?

Happens every time…

Do you have any screenshots or video you want to share with us so we can see the problem? Attach them to your post!

We are aware of this issue.

Can/is/will watcher in the future drain 3 targets if all 3 targets have status effects or only the main one hit and not the ones hit with splash damage?

that would be kinda OP, wouldn’t it?

I suspect that would be, is troops can poison all troops and then watcher keeps all troops drained . sounds nasty

It seems powerful for the mana invested but when i read the spell i thought it would drain 3 cards if they had status effects. I wish it did work like that so you can venexia into watcher if possible, the counter to this is any immunity to status effects your opponent uses or can not be targeted.

I just encountered this same issue - the Watcher failed to drain mana from Diseased enemies in multiple games. Was this bug patched and then reappeared later after subsequent game updates? Thanks

Short answer…yes.
The bug reappeared after 4.1.
Spectral Knight is also effected by it. Fixed in 4.2