Bug : Ranger's Lightning Arrow vs Warlock's Daemonic Pact trait

Hello

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened?

My Warlock got hit by the enemy Ranger’s Lightning arrow and as my warlock died his Daemonic Pact trait triggered which spawned a Ancient Horror. I would expect either the Ancient Horror doesn’t get hit by the Lightning Arrow’s split damage or he gets hit but instead of either, the game froze.

What are the steps to make it happen again?

Odds are pretty low of it happening but I think the game froze because it didn’t know what to do with the Ancient Horror… Ranger has to hit Warlock with lightning arrow and kill him on the first hit (before split damage occurs).
Then Daemonic Pact has to trigger from the warlock’s death while lightning arrow is hitting.

Do you have any screenshots or video you want to share with us so we can see the problem? Attach them to your post!

2 Likes

Yeah this issue is known, and I’m sure the devs are looking into it. Though I’ve never actually seen any response on if they are looking into the problem or not.

Here is another thread citing the same issues. I posted on that one with a similar issue, showing it doesn’t just have to be a warlock’s demonic pact.
http://community.gemsofwar.com/t/bug-with-ranger-spell-and-daemonic-pact/17545

The same thing happened to me a couple of days ago (with a Dragon Egg though, so I suspect that this generally happens with summon-on-death abilities) and I lost an easily won Guild Wars battle because of it. Would be nice if this could get fixed.

1 Like