[BUG] No extra turn when there should be an extra turn

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened?
I take a 4 or 5 match and should get an extra turn. Very rarely this doesn’t work.
What are the steps to make it happen again?
It seems to be, when there is a 3 match along with the the 4+ match. Game seems to count the 3 match but not other match.
Do you have any screenshots or video you want to share with us so we can see the problem? Attach them to your post!
I did a quick mockup of what it looked like last time it happened.

2 Likes

funny…I just opened a support ticket about similar happening to me in context with frozen troops. Here is a quote of my text:
"I experienced several times that if the opponent has frozen one of my troops the extra turn for me works very randomly. E.g. I have Humility, Famine, Abynissia (frozen) and make a match 4 with red I get an extra turn, the next turn I do a match 4 with yellow (only Aby at last spot frozen) and get no extra turn. I always thought that the color of the first frozen troop prevents the extra turn.
This happens in several other situations where I did not expect to miss the extra turn.
A short explanation of “frozen” would be fine, that I can understand and plan my next move in game more reliable. "
But I never had the idea that it could be a “miscount” as you described.

Frozen is very, very odd and I, too, am not absolutely sure how it works, but from what I know it’s basically safer to think of the complete color being frozen. If a troop uses yellow and blue, expect all yellow and blue extra turns to not happen, no matter how many other troops use those colors or where the troop is in the lineup.

I very faintly remember that it’s that way because the game isn’t able to really account for mana spilling from one troop being full and then onto the next and only freezing if the second troop is frozen, so it freezes just everything when it comes to that color.

But again… I might be wrong.

Frozen works just as you described. If one troop of that color is frozen, then that match doesn’t count as a new turn, even if there are other troops of the same color that are not frozen. That has always been like that.

In my case nobody was frozen.

I don’t know about Sphinx’s issue but with frozen, if a match 4+ is made from cascading gems in a color that isn’t frozen, you get your extra turn. That may be easy to miss at higher speeds though; I only play at 1x, so I don’t know how higher speeds look.

If you have “queen mab”, the opponent can lose his turn and freeze if he combines 4 or 5 colors.
In the opposite situation too.

I’m still running into this occasionally, including in GW today. It can really swing a game in the wrong direction. Freeze was not a factor at all in this match. Playing on PC at 4x speed.

I matched 3 to drop a brown gem into a 4x match I really didn’t need, but wanted to keep from my opponent. Then I didn’t get an extra turn and my opponent’s dwarves took out my Draakulis, who was loaded and ready to take out 3/4 of them (including the dwarf that killed him). Instead I ended up barely pulling out a win with just one troop left, and that was lucky.

This is a core rule of the game that should work EVERY TIME - if you match 4 or 5 gems and are not frozen, you get an extra turn.

G B P P
G Y G P
P G Y G
B Y B B

Above represents Gems, Y for yellow, B for brown and so forth. I matched the 3x yellow to drop the brown gem in for a 4x match, then did not get an extra turn.

2 Likes

This happens quite often to me in Guild Wars. AI Cheats BUG!

NowayJoe2Go

Just experienced and AI outrage…

The cheating in this game is maddening as it is, but stuff like this really does leave a bad taste in the mouth.

First troop not frozen (immune) and not stunned. Match four of a kind of one of his colours and miss the extra turn.

Wouldn’t care so much, but this happened during a guild wars match.

I am used to the normal cheating of the AI, where it just gives itself whatever it wants, including ludicrous amounts of free skullings, but this is taking the p*ss.

Not giving any more cash to this game for a while, methinks. Dishonesty doesn’t sit well with me.

Was any teammate of the color you matched frozen? Because Freeze doesn’t only affect the top troop — the top troop is only relevant when matching skulls (won’t maintain the turn if frozen).

I suppose not, because it happened again.

That would explain it, though, thanks.

However, I’m getting increasingly infuriated with the ridiculous number of extra turns that the AI awards itself.

Not least when it comes to generators. When the AI explodes the world, the gems fall just right for it 9 times out of ten. However, when one of my troops does it, it also makes the gems fall just right for the opponent, with no four matches for me. So, next turn the AI can then complete all the nice four matches that it has set up for itself.

Funny how that happens most times.

I’m getting pretty sick of this game now, which is a shame, because I have played it for years…but the supposedly random chances of good bad outcomes are so rigged, it’s beyond a joke.

This will be the last artifact season for me, I think.

I hear this happening to people but have never seen it. If you can take a video of missing extra turn thatd be beneficial. If you think the AI is getting better skyfalls than you, I suggest marking how often it happens for the AI vs you.

Considering the bugs in game, I am not saying the AI doesnt cheat. The claim is just never backed with videos or data so I will assume it doesn’t.

I doubt you’ll be alone. I’m amongst the top of the heap on Xbox, and even I’m feeling enough resentment toward the game that I’m thinking it’s probably time to move on. We’ll see what the Lycanthropy mechanic is, but if it’s bad, I’ll likely be gone, too, and I’ve heard the same from many people.

It’s been ages since anything big was added to the game, and I’m tired of waiting. Delves is the only thing I can really think of that hasn’t been radically scaled back (lookin’ at you, ToD), or that was basically just a return of something else that already existed (Campaigns aren’t new or innovative — they’re snotstone tasks redressed; Arena wasn’t really reworked in any meaningful way; epic tasks aren’t gameplay).

Small things I’ve liked, such as the gnome counter, don’t make up for the relative boredom with everything else. Medals were interesting when they arrived, but elite upgrades have never made sense or been well-balanced, and none of the promised additions/tweaks to the overall system have happened, so :man_shrugging:

And what’s the point of winning Wars most months when there’s nothing in the game I want to buy with my gem-winnings? There isn’t any — I’m sitting on a stack of over 60k that just keeps growing. That could sustain me for quite some time without even playing because more and more gems can’t buy you anything, only cash can. So.

That makes me sad.

6 Likes

Would be a shame to see you go, but your health and happiness from playing this game is more important than us missing you. I hope wherever you end up you have a great time!

I wish I could say it would be a statement to the devs about how the game is going downhill, but let’s be honest, they haven’t cared about the playerbase for a long time now, and are always there to remind us how is forum-dwellers are a tiny, insignificant number to them.

Well, it would be a statement to us, at least.

3 Likes

Indeed, if you can ignore the, erm, constantly ‘fortunate’ fall of gems in the AI’s favour and how it just so happens to give itself multiple skull matches pretty much constantly, along comes the new concept of lycanthropy to tip you over the edge by making the AI cheating transform from irritating to absolutely laughable.

It make you wonder if they ever test the game they make…because if they did…

I play the game since the beginning and I never had this happening to me. Everytime something weird happens I just save a clip and watch it to find what I missed.

BUT, 2 months ago when playing bounty I got an extra turn that i shouldn’t have, but it was from a spell. I casted Tigraki Warrior on a Valraven and kept my turn. And I have this on video.

I have also had this happen twice in recent history, no frozen troops and the ‘extra turn!’ pops up on the screen… Then the AI starts their turn regardless. Its only recently happened and both on the same day and hasn’t happened since so no idea if it’s a long standing bug or just a one off bug.