Buff Nysha/Anu drop rates

The person has recorded over 1500 data points. These aren’t “irrelevant numbers.” They’re empirical proof of token drop rates, which, if 1500 cases is enough to have a statistically significant sample size (yup), demonstrates the expected rate.

What you’re saying by denying their relevance is basically, “Yeah, I see you flipped a coin 1500 times and basically got a 50/50 ratio for heads vs. tails, but that doesn’t prove when I flip a coin it’s a 50% chance to get what I want because the result is random.”

You can no doubt see why that sort of reasoning is flawed.

6 Likes

Can anyone knowledgable in statistics please calculate the P value of having a 1.73% Nysha drop rate or lower in 1535 runs if the true drop rate of nysha is 2%?

1 Like

Standard deviation would be required, but with the excel sheet of data, excel will compute and graph it for you.

1.73% is against total tokens anyway, not total runs. Never mind.

I’ve heard of 12k GoW folks who don’t have a single Nysha token.

On this thread you denounce someone’s personal statistics but support your numbers with “what you heard.”

At least you got this part right:

I am not denouncing or disrespecting anyone’s statistics. I am merely pointing out that my experience does not remotely correlate with such data. Fair play to those who make the effort to crunch the numbers.

1 Like

If your intention wasn’t to “denounce” then I suggest you choose your words better moving forward.

I never used the word and if your perception or that of others is that I was in any way implying that the data collectors are wrong then you are mistaken. If I had bothered to collect my data then the drop rate experienced would be different. That’s all I am saying. My data would be valid to my experience but not necessarily the experience of others. If that’s offensive to you then I apologise.

2 Likes

Your “data” was originally based on what you heard others say. And what they said was most likely BS. So that’s what hurt my head. But okay apology accepted. Let’s move on.

1 Like