Buff event keys

Since we are getting far less event keys and basically no gems if you spend them on the gem bounty daily can we please get a buff to them either

Have them drop only troops from the event kingdom
Add a few more to the green task
Remove maps from guild tasks and replace them with event keys
Make them buyable with maps
Make them craftable
Remove traitstones from event keys

I’m in a guild that does all tasks and around 15 legendaries every week and after spending all my event keys last week (close to 200) to get one Grapplepot I only have 65 now that probably won’t be enough to even get the new legend on Monday.

22 Likes

Preach brother!

1 Like

They really need to make this change for some of the older kingdoms that have plenty of troops from one kingdom to put in the draw pool without supplementing in random cards from other kingdoms.

Nothing makes me more irritated than getting a non-event kingdom drop from a precious event key.

12 Likes

Yes to more event keys.

5 Likes

Lets get back to more event keys or remove non kingdom troops from the pool. But really i think we need to make a single thread asking for this.

1 Like

Removing non kingdom troops from the pool won’t do much. Only ultra-rare and epic troops that aren’t in the kingdom will appear in event keys, with the balance severely weighted toward the kingdom troops. It would not improve your chances at pulling the legendary or mythic, and you’ll usually have enough copies of the ultra-rare to make it mythic just by hunting down the legendary. Removing traitstones and filling in the gaps with troop drops (so they drop about 30% more troops per set of keys) would be a start here.

The main problem with this (and every other drop method in this game) is that the absolute need to use “shotgun” tactics in order to get your drop leaves you with a ton of bloat. You can’t target one legendary without targeting the other, all the epics, and ultra-rares at least. And getting something when it is at it’s newest is the cheapest and fastest way to get it. While a lot of us have all the “other” stuff that comes, you don’t at first. The hoard/spluge/shotgun cycle makes it so if you set one goal, you’ve incidentally completed a bunch of others. Want a common ascended to mythic? Well, go ahead and mythic pretty much every common in the game while trying. Want a mythic through VIP keys? Heres a few dozen arcanes and epics and a bunch of legendaries. Crafting would have been a great opportunity to solve this, but the costs and time gates are so severe that you are still better off getting legendaries when they are released by using Event Keys and mythics when they released through VIP keys in the exclusive period - it is still more economical over all, much faster, and you still get the other stuff.

In short, I’d be for them buffing crafting to make it actually usable to grab a legendary you missed in a kingdom event a month or so down after the event has ended. Not an an inflated cost from what you would have had to spend on average, and not overalpping with mythics, and certainly not on a three month wait cycle. Use the jewels as the bottleneck for legendary crafts, make them a one-month cycle for one to appear with a start date of one month after they leave event chests.

I should bring up once again that Event Keys are purchasable in the glory shop at 180 glory apiece in the “spoils of war” pack. We now probably don’t get enough to reliably even get one of each legendary that is released without buying extra event keys now, even by completing several legendary tasks, so keep this in mind. Do not spend your gems on these unless you absolutely have to.

5 Likes

Thanks for that reminder.

2 Likes

Yes. Need more event keys. No wear near getting the amount needed

2 Likes

I disagree, often 20% of the drop, whether it’s 50 or 10 chests, are non kingdom troops. This is unacceptable imo, you spend gems for something and you get something else. It’s nothing but a con. It doesn’t even say in the description that you are going to be getting a percentage of non event troops!

3 Likes

Could we add to your list the removal of traitstones too? That’d be a treat with any of yours I reckon.

1 Like

And all because of this we will have to use 400-500 event keys in average just to get a stupid Epic from a new kingdom to Mythic. This joke is not even funny anymore…

3 Likes

Even less amusing since they took them away from the glory purchases. Yup, but stones in there too well they’re in gem keys, however these are EVENT keys for EVENT troops. Either change their drop to event troops only or make them more available. Oh, no one tell me I can buy them with glory either. I’m not spending 180 wings to gets one key and even more sodding treasure maps to go with the 1150 I already have.

4 Likes

Yeah its a pita and the devs excuse wore thin about 12 months ago and are still using the same excuse. Should be ashamed of themselves.

2 Likes

Non event kingdom troops should not be in event keys. I spent 143 gems for Dragons Claw troops not for Stone giant.

This did end up costing 10 event keys and 429 gems but it was worth every gem

5 Likes

Yes, if there’s anyone that doesn’t have TDS then you should absolutely be spending your Event Keys this week. Especially if you’re in early/mid game.

3 Likes

I couldn’t agree more. Getting Dragon Soul on my main account completely changed the game for me. Before I got him I was in a pretty inactive guild struggling to win 1 trophies and making 20k gold a week but after I got him I was destroying 2 trophies and making enough gold to upgrade kingdoms and be in a top 50 guild. Even at level 1100 and having every legendary and a bunch of mythics he is still my most used troop.

I did guild wars today on my level 132 account going 3/2 facing level 1000s using fully traited mythic Dragon Souls, Krystenaxs, Mabs, Krakens, Famines and Deaths and it was all down to Dragon Soul doing 17 damage to all enemies, giving a bunch of mana to everyone and a few extra turns. I lost to a Spirit Fox/Astral Spirit team and a Troll/Kraken/Kraken/Mab team but I did get it down to a 13hp Mab before I lost.

What annoys me most about this is the intentional inconsistency. You get multiple ultra-rares and epics from other kingdoms, you never get a mythic from another kingdom, even if the event kingdom doesn’t offer one. For the 50% extra cost compared to gem keys, event keys sure do a poor job at returning value. Especially whenever they manage to hit a trait stone.

1 Like