Bounty Weekend - Treekin

Originally published at: Bounty Weekend – Treekin – Gems of War

New Bounty Troop: Treekin Treekin from Forest of Thorns, is this weekend’s Bounty Captain. Treekin will be available in the Bounty Shop, and will appear in Gold, Glory and Guild chests in 3-4 weeks’ time.

1 Like

This troop is amazingly awful.

You’d think:

Oh gain magic+1 attack and armor? That’s gotta be good!

then it converts 4 brown gems into green entangle gems that never spawn in useful locations since it only converts 4 gems.

Also, Treekin is not Immune to Entangle.

The best use of the troop is to throw it in the back like basically every other new bounty troop, only this troop does nothing in the back and should never be casted. The entangle gems aren’t even helpful since it applies randomly, so naturally the AI will get it and it’ll entangle your first slot.

… I mean really, do I have to wait until a Forest of Thorns kingdom rework to say this troop really should have Immunity to Entangle? like come on. Just get rid of the Nature Heart 2nd trait and you’ll have a half-decent Bounty troop.

17 Likes

I used it in 1st place and went straight through the event (collected rewards 1-19) easily without losing a single troop. So I don’t think that Threekin is too awful, even though immunity to entangle would be nice. :thinking:

1 Like

Are Entangle Gems new? I haven’t seen them before, and they are not listed on the Heroic Gems page:

1 Like

Bounty troops are clearly created by a “Random Troop Generator”, probably the GoW equivalent of ChatGPT. Not only do they suck, not only do many of them seem completely nonsensical in one way and/or another, but the same can be said for the opposition. And it’s not even like the troops have anything to do with an ongoing campaign, which might at least provide a baseline to work from.

For example, why couldn’t we get Bounty troops during this campaign that are pirates or other sorts of logical Rogues to fit with the campaign theme? (Or does double damage against Rogues and those serving as this weekend’s opposition?) Or something that creates/boosts off of Booty Gems? Or at least boosts off of Gold?

My cat could probably create better troops. (And I don’t have a cat.)

1 Like

I’m just glad it’s not all orcs this time :joy:

1 Like