Bounty Weekend - Mecha Rat

New Bounty Troop: Mecha Rat

The Mecha Rat from Adana, is this weekend’s Bounty Captain. The Mecha Rat will be available in the Bounty Shop, and will appear in Gold, Glory and Guild chests in 3-4 weeks time.

Hang on.

13 Likes

Hickory Dickory Drat, this turtle is now a rat?

8 Likes

Looks like rats spoiled WordPress.

Given the easy confusion with turtles and rats, I think its confirmed Splinter is now a cyborg in the reboot.

2 Likes

It’s not a scheduled post if there isn’t something to blame on a bug in the Wordpress software!

2 Likes

What an useless troop

3 Likes

Any troop that removes gems should have their cast removed.
Destroy or explode… should be the only gem interaction.
Krystenax is the only troop that is still good despite the remove gems handicap. Every other troop or weapon is garbage.
I was hoping that the cast was a thing of old GoW… It’s unfortunate how bounties tend to be designed to be max grind, lowest enjoyment.

^^^ A more accurate description of the cast.

7 Likes

I like new bounties because whenever a new bounty troop comes out I get to theorycraft and ask “How will this troop help me use Tigraki Warrior faster?” That’s… that’s about it. Mecha Rat verdict: It won’t. So I stuck it right in the back.

Isn’t it funny how a troop that summons a copy of itself also has Armored? How am I going to summon a copy of it if it’s the first one to die? o.O

5 Likes

I totally agree mecha rat is nothing more than a corrupt bounty troop to extend the time needed to complete bounty. No one in there right mind is going to cast rat and stifle the cohesiveness of the other 3 troop.

1 Like

This dev team is just phoning it in at this point.

1 Like

My MAIN gripe with bounties is when I reach this point…

“Alright – now do that last mission again. And again. And again. And again. And again…”

How many times? I need 187k points for all the remaining rewards. I get 6000 points per battle. That’s 31 battles. THE SAME BATTLE. SAME TROOPS. SAME ENEMIES. SAME EVERYTHING, 31 TIMES IN A ROW!

“Just bang your head against the wall. Great. Here’s your reward. You were very consistent.”

2 Likes

When the best way to use the bounty captain is to never cast it…

… Then you have a poorly designed bounty troop.
Basically every match is 3 against 4 because of it.

5 Likes

Mecha Rat

No thanks, but we have to use it for multiplier. We can take delight in never using it again (actually never teaming it again, use is too kind) hopefully.

Seriously though, what is the point of the troop in any kind of form. It’s not remotely like any Adana troop?

On another note, I’m struggling with the troop designs and what the overall picture is of the game with the troops that keep getting created. What’s the long term plan of the troops?

Is it to make explore harder with spell blocks and summons or % chance to summon or be immune to certain things?
Is it to make troops with very low mana cost that when scaled up are basically killing machines (we see more of these all the time, Gorbil, Lamia, Winter Wolf, Ancient Golem, Scale Guard, those two stupid troops that always devour on AI first cast Gluttony and Glutmaw, Worms for 8 mana, refilling their own colours and doing 80 damage etc)
Is it to just churn out anything?
Or is it to fit into the theme of each kingdom?

Mecha Rat is a prime example of none of those, it’s a nothing, crap troop. Maybe we could have it in delves, Mech Room - 2 Mecha Rats, Sentry Bot and Rover 300… yes please!!

2 Likes

A more interesting mechanic would be to add a negative storm effect to gem removal spells. In other words: In addition to removing that color, make it less likely for the color to drop over the next few rounds.

3 Likes